What is the Best Sound System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thurston

Winger
Looking for one for the house. Considering a Sonos Play 1 or Play 3. However no final decision has been made. I want something with a clear, clean sound.

I mainly listen to, depending on mood: Clapton, The Beatles, Sonic Yoof, Audioslave, Olafur Arnalds, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Sigur Ros or classical stuff so clarity of sound is my most important consideration in order to fully appreciate the music.

What do the SMB music cognoscenti/aficionados/pretentious wankers/tech bores recommend?

Last edited:

I would recommend Sonos. Of course they only play digital files so probably no good if you are a proper audio nerd. But easy to set up and control via your phone. Even the small Sonos Play 1 are loud.

Aye, wireless on them aswell so you can record your favorite songs on a Sunday afternoon and just leave off the ones you don't like.

I only managed one lastweek like, once I left out the ed sheeren ones
There's something to be said for replacing the first ten seconds of the intro to your favourite song with a frantic clicking sound iirc.

Looking for one for the house. Considering a Sonos Play 1 or Play 3. However no final decision has been made. I want something with a clear, clean sound.

I mainly listen to, depending on mood: Clapton, The Beatles, Sonic Yoof, Audioslave, Olafur Arnalds, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Sigur Ros or classical stuff so clarity of sound is my most important consideration in order to fully appreciate the music.

What do the SMB music cognoscenti/aficionados/pretentious wankers/tech bores recommend?

Depends how much money you want to spend and how many rooms you need it for

For just a single streaming speaker type thing the Naim Mu-so is what you want ignoring coin

A pair of Sonos Play 1's are better than a single Play 3, which doesn't have the best stereo seperation. Could be your lucky day however as I have a pair of Play 1's and a Play 3 and I'm buying another Play 3 and selling the Play1's if I can get the price I want. New in December and absolutely still as new, all accessories and boxed if you're interested.

Audio slave ? My cousin sold them that name. His band were called that and he had copyright on it. Made a few grand he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back