1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Best Sound System?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Thurston, Mar 19, 2017.

1. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

I'm using a Denon AV receiver and cambridge audio speakers and sub

2. joemcdokes

joemcdokes Striker

How come you've still got your Xmas hat on?. ;)

AB22 Easy Tiger likes this.
  3. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

its what all the cool (lazy) kids do

4. PABLO

PABLO Central Defender

Sonos is brilliant

5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Striker

So I can still use Bluetooth connectivity from my iPhone and play from all speakers? Excuse my total ignorance with this.

6. bernardbresslaw

bernardbresslaw Striker

The screaming yanks put me right off MTV unplugged recordings - they're worse than Geordies. :evil:

7. bennett83

bennett83 Winger

Sonos for ease and if you're on a budget

8. That is not quite right. When you are dealing with long waves with low frequencies, such as in bass notes, the loss of resolution between 16 bit and 24 bit is much more apparent. There are dithering routines that work fairly well, but they do not match staying in 24 bit in the first place.

There are a lot of completely false misconceptions that even sound engineers and scientists have about about the way bit depth audio formats work. It still staggers me that so many people make the mistake of thinking that sampling frequency is all about what frequencies can be reproduced. It is as if the aim of the game was to reproduce single frequencies, rather than having the bandwidth to produce a range of waveforms that approximate the original sound enough to give the perception of hearing a sound. In reality the relationship between bit depth and sampling frequency is a bit more complicated than most people assume. Track recording formats and mixdown formats are two very different things.

9. No7

No7 Central Defender

We have the Bose Soundtouch 10's around the house. Always had Bose though so can't comment on Sonos.

Spotify subscription connected to it, as well as my personal library which are mainly .aiff files because MP3 is shit

10. gizmoganzee

gizmoganzee Striker

Sorted out me Mam and Dad's new apartment.

Cambridge Audio Amp and JVC Speakers, with a wireless mouse and XFI-Go Pro to enhance the sound and controlled by his Laptop which is HDMI connected to the TV.

The Media centre lives......WinAmp Let it Rip!

Over 50,000 tracks on shuffle, he's happy as Larry

11. dom

dom Winger

I've got a Brennan and I love it!

12. raindog

raindog Midfield

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  13. dom

dom Winger

That sounds good on my bleeding iPhone mate!

raindog likes this.
  14. raindog

raindog Midfield

Subscribe to the channel marra its one of the best.

15. dom

dom Winger

Yeah
    I'll have a look tomorrow mate off up the big wooden staircase now!