What is consciousness?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm lost now 🙈
This is what he does, posts a semi interesting topic, thread has potential, you provide a good posts and he replies with utter nonsense, unfortunately our conscious states make us aware of his replies. Consciousness has lots of obvious perks but unconsciousness is the desired state for reading his replies
An accretion of feelings and experience. A tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self aware.

Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself.
Interesting concept, we became too self aware...do you think we’ve become too self aware of the correct parts of us? Think I’d argue we haven’t, a lot of people seem to be ignorant to the true emotions that we feel (conscious or unconscious) yet a lot of us are acutely aware of whimsical high level awareness that’s fed to us through media and advertising telling us how we should be

Last edited:

This is what he does, posts a semi interesting topic, thread has potential, you provide a good posts and he replies with utter nonsense, unfortunately our conscious states make us aware of his replies. Consciousness has lots of obvious perks but unconsciousness is the desired state for reading his replies
Gotcha marra ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting concept, we became too self aware...do you think we’ve become too self aware of the correct parts of us? Think I’d argue we haven’t, a lot of people seem to be ignorant to the true emotions that we feel (conscious or unconscious) yet a lot of us are acutely aware of whimsical high level awareness that’s fed to us through media and advertising telling us how we should be

I don't think we've become too self aware but we are certainly not as aware as we could be of certain parts of ourselves. It's taken for granted that the seat of consciousness is in the brain but is it? Or is that not the centre of perception? Contentious perhaps, but I'd say the centre of consciousness is in the region of the heart. One thing we do is to think too much. It's almost as if we have little control over our thoughts which are nothing more than electrical signals in the brain, very useful but not the be all and end all of a human being.

I don't think we've become too self aware but we are certainly not as aware as we could be of certain parts of ourselves. It's taken for granted that the seat of consciousness is in the brain but is it? Or is that not the centre of perception? Contentious perhaps, but I'd say the centre of consciousness is in the region of the heart. One thing we do is to think too much. It's almost as if we have little control over our thoughts which are nothing more than electrical signals in the brain, very useful but not the be all and end all of a human being.
Would you play me at Chess marra?
I can record it for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back