What happens when the Queen kicks the bucket?

I was just about to post that. Yes, it's an interesting read.
Edit: Especially the bit about George V being bumped off.

Different times. It was common for doctors to ease a patient's passing for years.
Shipman ruined that an in doing so set back assisted suicide in this country for years
This is a good article by the way

Well worth a read, even if you're not a monarchist. The level of planning is incredible

Last edited:
Operation Unicorn, IIRC.

I also believe that she's stated her desire to die at Balmoral, so an unscheduled visit there might make it worth while putting a bet on.

I think Roger should shut this place down until a week after the funeral.

I think HM will get a very over the top response from the Establishment and stuff will be stopped and shut and certain people will howl like banshees about it.

But this will be the last time it will be old school National Mourning. IMHO.

Why would you shut a place down to prevent an exchange of views? Seems very antithetical to our British values.

Same argument to those who don’t like the news coverage - if you don’t want to look at people’s opinions don’t come on the board yourself.

If The Queen dies in Balmoral the coffin will be put on the Royal Train and head down the East Coast Main Line to London. People are expected to throw flowers at the train at level crossings and stations and so a second train will follow behind to pick the flowers up. Amazing attention to details by the Royal lads and lasses there.

Back