What happens when the Queen kicks the bucket?

Much as I dislike them both, at least Harry and Andrew both served in the military. I can't see why either shouldn't be allowed to dress up in their uniforms if they want to. I'm glad I'm out of the country so I don't see any of it.

So that goes back to my original point , are we expected to show her 'more' respect than any other woman of her age? And if so, why ?

Just out of curiosity do you show respect to your boss? Do you give him or her more respect then someone of a similar age? Do you show respect when speaking to a policeman or a teacher or anyone in a position of authority? The Queen is in a position of authority.
Wrong! Prince Harry is 36 not 39.

Does his exact age actually matter in this context? And for the record he is almost 37.

Nothing illogical about having loyalty and pride in your native land. It's completely natural.

But why would you show that same loyalty and allegiance to another human being who wouldn't show the same respect to you? It's illogical .

The whole monarchy system doesn't stand up to a single ounce of reasoning in a 21st century democracy

I can understand why it was needed in the middle ages. You paid your taxes and in return you got governance and protection . We haven't needed a monarchy for that reason for about 300 years.
You need to learn to doth your cap the royalists on here arnt happy.

More respect to your nana than a benefit scrounger in a palace.

Just out of curiosity do you show respect to your boss? Do you give him or her more respect then someone of a similar age? Do you show respect when speaking to a policeman or a teacher or anyone in a position of authority? The Queen is in a position of authority.

Even though you ignored my question, I'll answer yours-

I respect everyone equally. Unless given a reason to treat someone different. A policeman or a teacher has worked hard to gain that position of authority from a starting point of not being in authority. I've never said I don't respect the queen. But no one can answer me why I should show her more respect, and give her special treatment, over say a policeman or a teacher, or any old lady of that age.

This notion of 'respect' is thrown around as the last desperate argument by people who can't seem to rationalise the logic behind the monarchy, but feel it somehow anti-british to show any criticism of the system.

Wrong! It’s to placate her thirty nine year old grandson who has buggered off to America and has been stripped of his military titles and thus his right to wear a uniform. He would have been the only one not in military regalia and so the Queen told them all to wear suits instead.

I sense a dislike of Harry here. Yet you defended Andrew on another thread. Very strange.
Even though you ignored my question, I'll answer yours-

I respect everyone equally. Unless given a reason to treat someone different. A policeman or a teacher has worked hard to gain that position of authority from a starting point of not being in authority. I've never said I don't respect the queen. But no one can answer me why I should show her more respect, and give her special treatment, over say a policeman or a teacher, or any old lady of that age.

This notion of 'respect' is thrown around as the last desperate argument by people who can't seem to rationalise the logic behind the monarchy, but feel it somehow anti-british to show any criticism of the system.

Absolutely.

I think we should be able to vote for the next Monarch. It could combine this countries two obsessions, Monarchy and talent shows. Ant & Dec could present it.

I sense a dislike of Harry here. Yet you defended Andrew on another thread. Very strange.

Absolutely.

You sense a dislike? Sir Lancelot used to like Harry, but since he married Meghan Markle, her opinion of him has gone downhill. I suspect she just doesn't like Meghan Markle.

In November 2018, he was a "bright and personable young man" who had qualities that would "serve him well" wherever he was.

It wouldn’t matter where Harry was born. He is a bright, personable young man with an innate ability to relate to other people. Those qualities would serve him well in any level of society in which he found himself.

By January of 2020, Harry was a "spoilt and indulged non-entity" and the "poster boy of being woke"

It’s no surprise that the poster girl and boy of being woke are Prince Harry and Meghan, two spoilt and indulged nonentities who, while telling everyone else how to live, spend their time circling the globe on private jets and running away from any kind of responsibility. Is anyone really supposed to see them as a positive example that we should aim for?

She claims to "have no beef" with Harry and Meghan, but wants Harry stripped of his titles to spite her.

I have no beef with either of them but feel they are taking the piss. The Queen should strip Harry of his Duke title which means that Megan loses her title. And she should lose her HRH too. They should never be allowed to represent the Queen again in any sort of official or private function, and should receive nothing from the public purse.

It's all a bit strange really. She used to like Meghan Markle now all of a sudden can't stand her.

You sense a dislike? Sir Lancelot used to like Harry, but since he married Meghan Markle, her opinion of him has gone downhill. I suspect she just doesn't like Meghan Markle.

In November 2018, he was a "bright and personable young man" who had qualities that would "serve him well" wherever he was.

By January of 2020, Harry was a "spoilt and indulged non-entity" and the "poster boy of being woke"

She claims to "have no beef" with Harry and Meghan, but wants Harry stripped of his titles to spite her.

It's all a bit strange really. She used to like Meghan Markle now all of a sudden can't stand her.
Ooof!

Back