What happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaky but credit to them. Any inch to get in front, at all costs. I noticed our game management has improved a lot v Pompey, maybe we needed this season in League 1 to become streetwise.

For example noticed that Aribo doing a Jamal Lowe and having his socks down low. Few kicks early on the game, doesn’t look the strongest of lads.

No credit for cheaters

Naive in the extreme, do you think footballers are robots?
you are deluded if you think that it makes a difference to a professional

Well South London police obviously disagreed.

That was the biggest pile of bullshite i've ever seen. I hate owt like that and it's made me even more fired up to beat Charlton at Wembley now.
The Police were looking at it from a safety perspective
We are talking about it from a football perspective
Totally different arguments

Last edited:

I ask again TC why were the Doncaster players upset then? Just bandying around the word “professional” doesn’t make you right, come on!

It's discrimination to say one set of fans are a higher security risk than the other team's fans.
It should also be documented in the police safety plan issued before the game.
The police are cheating, because they can.

Happened before, years ago, when Preston played Birmingham. One end of Deepdale was being rebuilt and originally the designated end for penalties.

When it came to it, it was switched for safety reasons again. Steve Bruce and some of his players went absolutely ballistic for a good while. Preston had as good as won the penalty shoot-out because you could see the Birmingham squad had lost all semblance of composure.

With respect. Safety my arse. The team that wins the toss should decide at which end the penalties are taken. I’d like to see the “safety” issues that dictated last nights decision especially considering what happened after.

Before the final the managers and ref should agree on the coin toss if it does come to penalties and carry on regardless, whatever the police think.
I can't imagine the cops will invade the pitch and try to stop the penalties being taken

With respect. Safety my arse. The team that wins the toss should decide at which end the penalties are taken. I’d like to see the “safety” issues that dictated last nights decision especially considering what happened after.
I don't disagree. The point I'm making is that it should make no difference to the people taking the penalties

I ask again TC why were the Doncaster players upset then? Just bandying around the word “professional” doesn’t make you right, come on!
Because professional footballers are a bunch of f***ing cry babies

I don't disagree. The point I'm making is that it should make no difference to the people taking the penalties

Because professional footballers are a bunch of f***ing cry babies
On the face of it it shouldn’t. But the reality is that footballers are human beings and as such are susceptible to outside influences especially in a high stakes high pressure situation like that. If there was no advantage to be had, then why the coin toss to give teams a choice? Surely the coin toss should be done away with and just change the rules so the home team takes penalties in their own end.

It’s like something Portsmouth would have done the night before if it had come to that.
It’s set a precedent. I expect to see this happening a lot more in future. Since we haven’t had an explanation from the local police regarding their decision, and the media ( southern based ) are conspicuously quiet about it, I think I could be excused for smelling a very large rat with personal hygiene issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back