What do you want out of life?

I think Trump will beat the old man. There are some voters who will always vote for Trump. There are some who will never vote for Trump. The election is decided by those fluid voters inbetween. If only the Democrats could have put out a stronger lead candidate. I'm always amazed that America, with all of its smart, decent people (and there are millions of them), can come up with those two clowns as the best two candidates for the presidency.

I agree that you get more out of life if you put more in. I'm not worried about that kind of thing for me or my children. There is so much that is out of our control though.
He won't. Trump's insanity will be under massive scrutiny as the election draws near.
Biden will win.

Anyway, contentment for me, long healthy life and the world to be a less fucked up place before I slip into eternal oblivion.

I made a moderately spicy chorizo and butter bean stew last night and it’s ruined me.

Can you have IBD that’s only triggered by spicy food?

Yes or IBS.

Everyone has different trigger foods and it's trial and error to find out what sets it off. I can eat lettuce no bother but another lady with crohn's told me she can't eat lettuce. My weirdest trigger is I can't eat gluten free food as the additives they put in the flour to mimic gluten set my symptoms off.

I'm going to stick some money on Biden. Trump is promising lunacy.

Not a huge gap at all. Wait till the debates start.

They can't possibly expect Biden to stand up and debate, well, anything?
Early retirement and enough time to fully enjoy it with the people I love.
Every single person I know that retired early has fallen to severe health problems or dementia. Everyone I know that said 'fuck that, I am working on' is in robust health. Some worked well into their 70's and are still hale and hearty. On the other side of the coin, I know loads and loads of people that died well before retirement age. Takes a bit more thinking about than 'I will wrap in as soon as I can'. I know I would drink myself to death in no time, so I will work on. For now.

Last edited:
Every single person I know that retired early has fallen to severe health problems or dementia. Everyone I know that said 'fuck that, I am working on' is in robust health. Some worked well into their 70's and are still hale and hearty. On the other side of the coin, I know loads and loads of people that died well before retirement age. Takes a bit more thinking about than 'I will wrap in as soon as I can'. I know I would drink myself to death in no time, so I will work on. For now.
I'll be gone as soon as feasibly possible. No ifs no buts. I've got better things to be doing with my time.

Back