What do you want out of life?

One of my favourite songs from a great, funny 70s band. Lyrics get more bizzare as it goes on.
'A foolproof plan and an watertight alibi', 'A Las Vegas wedding and a Mexican divorce', 'A baby's arm holding an apple!'

Health of my kids and family...and the dog. Keeping myself fit and healthy-I've realised there's no point worrying what's in your pension pot if you're not going to be fit enough to enjoy it.
Time: I'd love to wrap it all in and do more travelling with the wife; knock more of those Wainwrights off and sit in a country pub with a pint afterwards.

Not quite sure why I'm posting this. Been a bit reflective as I have a job I'm really happy in, but possibility of another one which is much better paid. It'll be more shit, so I doubt I'd go for it. In younger days I would've chased the money. So it got me thinking, what do I really want in life? I've hopefully got plenty of years left, but I'm not getting any younger. I'd rather take the least shit in life i can all round and just enjoy the life I lead. Guess wondering if anyone else has reflected on where they are in life?
I recently left a great paying job because I was unhappy.
Similar to you, I don’t care about chasing the money anymore, I just want to enjoy my work life.

I’m currently in the process of getting into a job that will offer support to the community. It’s a lot less money but the reward of good feeling will be huge.

I don’t regret it, I love them to bits and would do anything for them. We all make the most of our lifetimes. They adore their sport and they both play and watch football and cricket regularly. My elder son is distraught currently as he tore his calf muscle in rugby on Wednesday and he’s now on crutches and out for 4-6 weeks.

I just feel guilty. The world is bad and about to get much, much worse. I feel desperately sorry that they’ll inherit the mess that is coming.
That's one way of looking at it, another is that a relative blink ago they'd have been sent up a chimney to graft and keep the house going, or blown to bits in front of their brother at Ypres like one of my ancestors. This isn't such a terrible world to be born into.

For me, I just want to see more of the world, dive in a cage to see a Great White Shark, and see my bairn grow up with the skills to have a nice life.

I've thought a lot about this comic over the last week.

A younger wife who has pert boobs, a nice smile and a pleasant demeanour.

A decent pension and a stock of IPA.

A pub within walking distance that is devoid of idiots.

Lots of fresh air, fewer people, and potholes to be fixed.

Back