What do you listen to your music on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use one of these because of the built-in dac but sold it when I got the TEAC
Cheers for that mate. It's a bit more than i was thinking of paying, and we don't listen to music in the living that much to warrant paying that much at the moment. I'll save the details and will re-consider if i come into some spare cash

Streamed to an Onkyo amp and Dali Zensor 1 speakers, which sounds good - but I don't ever forget how fell in love with so much music when I was listening to it on AM or through shitty orange foam Walkman headphones from a half-mangled cassette tape, or playing it on scratched vinyl on an inherited 'music centre'.
I was listening to 6 music one tea time this week and Teenage Kicks came on. The opening riff took me straight bck to listening to John Peel with the volume turned low, no wonder I was always half asleep at school

Cheers for that mate. It's a bit more than i was thinking of paying, and we don't listen to music in the living that much to warrant paying that much at the moment. I'll save the details and will re-consider if i come into some spare cash

They go for buttons second hand now mate.

We've got a pair of Panasonic All3 speakers. Set up as a stereo pair at the moment but you can move them around the house and use them singly if you want. Good enough sound for us and what we use them for. I can either play stuff off my phone or link it to our Amazon Prime Music account.

Very old gear that cost a fortune 30 years ago .

Kenwood 150 watts a channel amp.

2 big wharfedale 200 watt speakers.Still got a record player too.

Best I've ever heard were VAF research Back in 1992 they were around £3000 a pair.Phil the guy that owned the company asked for my opinion on some speakers they had just made ( no idea why).
What a sound.

Turntable villa bellavista by blue note, Croft pre and power amps valve, CD and dac meridian, speakers kef.

I use the soundbar and subwoofer if I'm on my own, if our lass is in and watching shite I put my over ear headphones on. I've got an old German stereo off my grandma with a record player that I keep meaning to set up and have a go of but I need to buy some vinyls first.

I use the soundbar and subwoofer if I'm on my own, if our lass is in and watching shite I put my over ear headphones on. I've got an old German stereo off my grandma with a record player that I keep meaning to set up and have a go of but I need to buy some vinyls first.

I've got a Dansette which sounds pretty good actually, got some canny 78's. It needs a service now and there's a bloke down Easingwold does them but I can't get it down to him at the moment.
Logon or register to see this image

I've got a Dansette which sounds pretty good actually, got some canny 78's. It needs a service now and there's a bloke down Easingwold does them but I can't get it down to him at the moment.
Logon or register to see this image
Looks topper that, I was tempted to buy one of those portable ones to get me started but I was dubious about the speaker quality on them.

Looks topper that, I was tempted to buy one of those portable ones to get me started but I was dubious about the speaker quality on them.

I wouldn't recommend owt cheap if you've got decent quality records as the needle will damage them. I just play old 45's & 78s on the dansette.

I wouldn't recommend owt cheap if you've got decent quality records as the needle will damage them. I just play old 45's & 78s on the dansette.

Like I say I've got zero records at the minute but I'd like to start buying them, I'll buy myself a few second hand then set up the old hand me down and start from there

Like I say I've got zero records at the minute but I'd like to start buying them, I'll buy myself a few second hand then set up the old hand me down and start from there

Just make sure you get a decent turntable secondhand. I got a canny pioneer one from the 80's for £70.
Or this isn't bad if you need new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back