What do you listen to your music on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All now through my Bose SoundTouch 10. I still buy CDs to support artists but they’re effectively just decoration.
Just sold a TEAC system with dennon speakers.

On commute it’s Spotify via my urban ears headphones.

If I ever come into money I’m spending big on a top of the range system.

I'd love to get a proper top-end system but tbh everything I buy has been second-hand.
The amp was £150 (I think they were £600ish 20+years ago), the speakers were £500 (from £1300), the DAC was £300 (I think it was £800 new).
I think I''ll stick with this for a while, although I've been toying with the idea of adding a Alpha 8P poweramp but not sure if it would improve it much.

Love that album.

I bought myself a Denon COEL N10 cd/streaming player in the sales at Christmas but haven't bothered opening it yet, might get around to it. Until then I just use Spotify or itunes on the lappy and iphone linked to a Samsung R6 speaker although mainly listen to it on headphones.
My favourite Clash album (not a popular opinion), takes me straight back to Xmas 1978.

Got Elastica on now which is also a very good punk album despite being labelled Britpop. So good the Stranglers and Wire nicked riffs from it ;)

Maybe someone could give me some simple advice on connections. Most of our music is via deezer and accessed through our phones.

In the living room we've got an old denon m37dab with 2 small Quad bookshelf speakers. It was bought years ago to play CD's on and is good for that. But really struggled to connect my phone to it. I recently bought one of these to connect via bluetooth, which i'd prefer, but i sent it back as i was getting a lot of interference

Any other options to connect the phone to the denon?

In the kitchen, where i listen to most music when cooking, we've got a bose sounddock and recently bought this to connect via bluetooth. This works a treat

I used to use one of these because of the built-in dac but sold it when I got the TEAC

IPhone with £10 headphones.
The quality is about a million times better than playing vinyl on a normal player in the 80s.

My favourite Clash album (not a popular opinion), takes me straight back to Xmas 1978.

Got Elastica on now which is also a very good punk album despite being labelled Britpop. So good the Stranglers and Wire nicked riffs from it ;)

Yeah 'Rope' is my go-to album too, unreal beginning, bit of a dip then strong finish imo.

I remember a couple of Elastica tracks from the 90's which weren't bad, didn't mind some of the Britpop, might look it up and give it a go.

I'd love to get a proper top-end system but tbh everything I buy has been second-hand.
The amp was £150 (I think they were £600ish 20+years ago), the speakers were £500 (from £1300), the DAC was £300 (I think it was £800 new).
I think I''ll stick with this for a while, although I've been toying with the idea of adding a Alpha 8P poweramp but not sure if it would improve it much.

I think if you’re not rolling in cash or a total sound connoisseur mate, you’re best off going second hand. The stuff I sold was absolutely brand new so the bloke saved a good few quid.

Record player or CD player.
No streaming? I know you listen to a lot of music so it must cost you a fortune?
I couldn’t get over how quickly I sold my TEAC on eBay. Listed it at about 9am Saturday morning and it was picked up 2 hours later. I live shields and a lad walked over from Marsden to buy.

I remember an Arcam CD player I bought in the early 90's secondhand. The lad lived on the Grey Hen estate and I was living at my parents in Harton Village so I just walked down to pick it up. He demo'd it with Bitter Sweet Symphony which had just come out and it was the first time I'd heard it. :)

Last edited:
Circa 1989 pioneer amp, gale floor standing speakers and a pro-ject turntable. I have a google chromecast Audio hooked up to the amp via the optical line for digital stuff but to be honest I just use the amazon Echo thing as it’s easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back