What do you do for charity?

I know and you have a point but they should and likely would if we stopped giving to charity

I used to do that for work aye. I don’t now though given there isn’t a lockdown.
You said you volunteered mate. Because work was shut. Then you posted a link to a donation site.
so which is the lie.

you don’t have to answer I’m not that interested but I think misleading posters who do like your posts is wrong.

Or did work force you lot to do it?

So you have done charity work. See you are not all that bad.

I used to work for a place that didn't force you but they did help you organise volunteering, they gave you time off to do it and if you were raising money for anything they'd contribute a % at minimum, sometimes a bit more

I used to work for a place that didn't force you but they did help you organise volunteering, they gave you time off to do it and if you were raising money for anything they'd contribute a % at minimum, sometimes a bit more
I know sage do it for their workforce. They get so many days a year. Great idea. Anyone who does it should be applauded. Including ooosh. I just can’t understand why he’s saying he never gives anything to charity or shares charitable links? Can you?

On a related note, some of the just giving/go fund me stuff takes the piss like. One example being the family of a young lad abroad who injured himself whilst pissed and racked up thousands in medical costs because he couldn't be arsed to spend a tenner on insurance.

Last edited:
Well I do hope neither of you have to be on the receiving end of one.
As one of a few fundraisers on here, I can safely say your attitude stinks.

If you've done this to get a rise, then well done. You've managed, but you also look like a selfish tool.
Why does their attitude stink? It’s their money.
I spend lots of money in charity shops buying books. Not for the charity but for the books.

Wife’s a nurse in a Hospice so I always try to help fund raising when possible, she moved mid lockdown to a new one but I’ll help out there when I can, always take stuff to Red Cross or Oxfam and give a couple of quid a month to animal charity. As above, most charities (like Hospices) shouldn’t have to fund raise to stay afloat 🤷‍♂️

I know sage do it for their workforce. They get so many days a year. Great idea. Anyone who does it should be applauded. Including ooosh. I just can’t understand why he’s saying he never gives anything to charity or shares charitable links? Can you?
you're asking why a transgressive imp of perversity would start a thread about charity proudly declaring he refused to have an inch of it, despite having posted links for charity in the past?

writing that sentence already occupied more than a life time's worth of time considering the whys and wherefores of his actions

while I enjoy the disparity and dichotomy between his view of himself and the reality of that his tawdry click bait demands for arch nonsense is underwhelming

you're asking why a transgressive imp of perversity would start a thread about charity proudly declaring he refused to have an inch of it, despite having posted links for charity in the past?

writing that sentence already occupied more than a life time's worth of time considering the whys and wherefores of his actions

while I enjoy the disparity and dichotomy between his view of himself and the reality of that his tawdry click bait demands for arch nonsense is underwhelming
A very articulate dressing down of someone. I’m impressed.

Regular payment to Shelter so I dinnit feel so guilty when I walk straight past some hobo in the street.

I often used to buy a homeless woman in North End a £3 meal deal but stopped when she moaned about the sarnie filling one day. Still kept buying some doggie snacks for her spaniel though as she'd done nowt wrong.

I once won a Love 2 Shop voucher at graft for being top dog and gave that to the local food bank.

Used to do runs and raise dosh at the same time but the hassle of collecting it was a pain so now I just do the runs.

There's a place for me in heaven and 24 virgins await.

Back