What do you do for charity?

Been to a few charity auctions, tend to go a bit overboard after a few beers. Gave recently to that young welsh lad Callum jones who ran into the sea and ended up paralysed, there was a go find me for that. If I see a story like that I tend to give a few bob.

Wouldn’t get a penny out of me no matter what the cause. If anyone shares any charity links etc on Facebook I block the site so I don’t have to ever hear of it again.

I will never need a charity. I’ve got health insurance
I'm glad your personal health insurance will make a contribution towards supporting kids who've been abused, or dogs that have been left to starve, for example.
Don't want to come across as a sanctimonious twat, but come on, try to get some sense of perspective

The last thing I did was I saw a couple of RNLI people selling stuff at the beach. I asked if they had a collection thing I can put a few quid in. They told me they don't but I can sign up. I told her I don't want to sign up and I have money now to give to their charity.

They wouldn't accept it so I walked along to the RNLI building and put it in the collection tin there. That was a few years ago.

I'm glad your personal health insurance will make a contribution towards supporting kids who've been abused, or dogs that have been left to starve, for example.
Don't want to come across as a sanctimonious twat, but come on, try to get some sense of perspective
The government should sort that out.

I donate to family stuff sometimes depending on the charity.
Mate does sky dives about once a year, never given him a penny, he is basically doing something he loves for free and giving the left over change to a charity.

just over 20 years ago I made the decision to donate 10% of my earnings to charity, some of these are by DD and then I top up with adhoc Just Giving things etc
I never give money to chuggers, but I'm not sure these count I did sign up for a DD to the London Air Ambulance when they had a stand up in the hospital I was going to

Oh man, where to start with tackling this viewpoint...
I know and you have a point but they should and likely would if we stopped giving to charity
Take no notice mate he’s a liar. He was telling people on here that he volunteered for a food charity at the start of the lockdown and shared a link to donate to the charity. The blokes a ball bag.
I used to do that for work aye. I don’t now though given there isn’t a lockdown.

Last edited:
Hate chuggers, especially creepy ones who try and walk along with you or ones who knock on the door claiming everyone in the street apart from you has signed up.

Usually sponsor people I know doing events. Prefer to give to things where I can see it makes a difference - SAFC foundation, local community foodbank and a small local charity that helps homeless people.

Back