What away game are looking forward to most next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too many too mention crackers too mention.

Oxford at the moment stands out.

Ground a good way from the station but an absolutely stunning list of pubs in the centre to have a good pre-match session.

The Turf Tavern
The White Horse
Lamb and Flag
Eagle and Child
The Bear

Town's a shithole as are the pubs.

You can add the Kings Arms to that list as well.

I don't and can't go to away games so from the point of view of someone who will be listening to the games and from the point of view of chances of getting something from the game the away fixtures I would be looking forward to are the easier teams such as the ones coming up from League Two. Also Bradford City and Charlton Athletic. Bradford because we have yet to get one over them for knocking us out of the FA Cup in the 2014/15 season and Charlton Athletic for the saddest and worst moment in my life as a Sunderland fan. The day we lost the 1997/8 Play Off Final.

Looking at the Gillingham team sheet that day a future Sunderland legend was playing for them as well - November 2003, feels about right
Was it not September? Went to Gillingham away on my birthday around then and that's in September. Won 4-0ish? Mate woke up on the train in Newcastle that day, which would be fine if going to sunderland, not so much if going to Northallerton.

Pompey for me,was based there for a few years so it’s a good excuse to go back again.

Too many too mention crackers too mention.

Oxford at the moment stands out.

Ground a good way from the station but an absolutely stunning list of pubs in the centre to have a good pre-match session.

The Turf Tavern
The White Horse
Lamb and Flag
Eagle and Child
The Bear

Town's a shithole as are the pubs.
Oxford for me too

Pompey for me. If only I knew somewhere to drink before the game.

Oxford will be canny too. Bristol Rovers. Can’t wait to see us loose at different places.

PO Club is always welcome to Sunderland fans. Couple of miles from the ground though. The Merchant House on Highland Road is about half a mile away and does all the real ale stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back