What are your monthly outgoings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is quite scary when I think about it. I remember when my parents where very concerned and anxious about the repayments on a 30K mortgage for a house in the north east a few decades ago. If only......

You live down south I'm guessing?
I get wound up when people talk about getting extensions built for like £30k! Ours just cost £140k so far and we've still not built a kitchen or bathroom!

That's more than you'd probably earn up here though.

Will earn more, but I would not necessarily say the quality of life is much better and the amount of disposable income is significantly different. I might earn twice as much, but I will be paying £7 / £8 for a glass of wine. compared to £4 / £4.50 in the NE?

So it is all swings and roundabouts.

Will earn more, but I would not necessarily say the quality of life is much better and the amount of disposable income is significantly different. I might earn twice as much, but I will be paying £7 / £8 for a glass of wine. compared to £4 / £4.50 in the NE?

So it is all swings and roundabouts.

Aye. Real men don't drink wine in pubs up here like. ;)

You live down south I'm guessing?
I get wound up when people talk about getting extensions built for like £30k! Ours just cost £140k so far and we've still not built a kitchen or bathroom!

Yes. I am based in the South. I enjoy it here, my family are settled. But it is more of a rat race and there are still things about the NE that I still miss (including the football team).

Are you down South as well?

Yes. I am based in the South. I enjoy it here, my family are settled. But it is more of a rat race and there are still things about the NE that I still miss (including the football team).

Are you down South as well?

Yes mate, Guernsey. Pretty much an expensive London in terms of the market, labour costs etc.

UK average salary is 27k, presume you would see about 20k of that. Assuming you are Mr and Mrs average that's 40k cash in the bank per year, assuming you spend all of it that's 3.3k per month outgoings. split on DD's & cash stuff will likely vary a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back