What are you grateful for?

just about everything tbh.
walking back to the car after bristol yesterday we walked past a bloke who could hardly walk with his disability. without wanting to sound patronising seeing folk struggling with things make you realise just how lucky you are.
not just people with disabilities mind, when you see how some people live in the world you need to be thankful you don't have their struggles.

This Mate and I am with you 100%.
My Birthday drink and Retirement beer Saturday. First beer we sat down and an elderly lady next to me coffee and book, 83 years old.

Anyway I spoke to her and had a real nice chat, lost her husband, comes here to remember. Offered to buy her a drink and she said I will get out of your way.
I told her no she won’t and stay here with us,
15 minutes of my life where I felt giving something back. Bless her she gave me a hug and a little kiss and off she went. Good news she had family, 2 lads and wasn’t going to be alone at Christmas.
My lad said to me what a nice thing to do. Told him I’m not such a twat after all 😇

It doesn’t take much and just be thankful that we are so lucky.
Easy to be blinded by money and material things. Some don’t have choices.👍

For all the stress of affording it, we've got a nice house in a nice place
The bairn has grown so much in the last year
Great family around us

Things have certainly been worse.

Grafted all my life and 5 children, 10 grandchildren and 1 great grandson later we are able to enjoy our retirement in complete comfort.
All lot of my friends, neighbours and associates never made it this far and for this I am grateful.

Back