What are you grateful for?

This time of year is a great opportunity to think about what you’re thankful for.

Personally, I’m very grateful for cheaper fuel and energy prices this winter. Hopefully there’s less struggling this year.

I’m also grateful for discovering M&S almond milk & vanilla hand cream, has my fingers smelling lush.

@Fetch Fletch
Everything

I'm grateful for having the best wife in the world. Despite having ongoing medical problems she always tries to look on the bright side and keeps fighting. Puke i know but she always amazes me.

33 years of being happily married. 27 of those with a daughter who, touch wood, is healthy and happy.

Having a love of music and sport and being part of a circle of friends who have all grown up together, settled down at the same sort of time, and who are all still happily married.

It's getting on for 45 years that I've been friends with some of them.

Yep, I often have to remind myself. Watching travel videos to countries like Venezuela helps me remember how fortunate I am. Being born in Britain is a lottery win in itself.
It's getting less so by the month. I am truly saddened at the level of antisemitism the Israel/Palestine conflict has revealed in our tolerant society, and the fear that our authorities have of our Muslim population. Not to mention zealots like ER, JSO etc wreaking havoc without meaningful consequences.
Etc politicians etc Alphabet People etc etc etc.....

My wife, my few close mates and Mind. I am sure i wouldn't be here typing today without their help over the past year dealing with some fecked up mental health issues.
With their help I am the well rounded leftie, commie, knee bending, snowflake poster I am today.

Also thankful for all the posters on the mental health thread, there's always someone there to talk to and when you are sat talking to someone you are not doing anything silly.

This time of year is a great opportunity to think about what you’re thankful for.

Personally, I’m very grateful for cheaper fuel and energy prices this winter. Hopefully there’s less struggling this year.

I’m also grateful for discovering M&S almond milk & vanilla hand cream, has my fingers smelling lush.

@Fetch Fletch

I don't need to buy expensive creams for my hands to smell of nuts.

just about everything tbh.
walking back to the car after bristol yesterday we walked past a bloke who could hardly walk with his disability. without wanting to sound patronising seeing folk struggling with things make you realise just how lucky you are.
not just people with disabilities mind, when you see how some people live in the world you need to be thankful you don't have their struggles.

Back