What are you grateful for?

Being in good health. I probably enjoy the pub a bit too much but I exercise loads so can counteract it weight wise. Probably need to have a few more 0% pints though.

Absolutely tremendous wife who somehow tolerates me.

Lovely affectionate dog who is currently snoozing beside me whilst I’m in the gym.

Last edited:
The usual one of health and happiness of those closest to me.

The time to watch my son play football, really enjoy it and be good at it at such an early age. Long may it continue and hope he still enjoys it as it's one of my favourite times of the week when he goes to his classes. Can't wait to see how he does when he starts playing in a team.

The support of my missus - the past 10 years we've been together ir's been a far cry from any time before that.

The sad thing is, the internet used to provide the knowledge to settle arguments and pseudo-facts. Now it's a platform used to spread more false information than there's ever been.
That’s a good point, people like Farage and his followers able to use it to create and push false facts onto gullible minds

Being born in the 70s.
Being brought up properly, with discipline and morals.
A work hard approach to life passed on by my Dad.
A wonderful family.
Health.

Yep, I often have to remind myself. Watching travel videos to countries like Venezuela helps me remember how fortunate I am. Being born in Britain is a lottery win in itself.
Agree with the above.
Sometimes grateful is not the right word. Maybe fortunate or even lucky.
Up until a couple of weeks ago everything was hunky dory.

Grateful to my wife for tolerating me for so many years.
Fortunate to be healthy and fit.
Fortunate to be fairly content with my life, my team and my finances.
As pete said above, lucky not to live, or been born in Ukraine, Gaza or any other strife torn place.
Fortunate to have longevity run through my immediate family.
Same with me for the acid house era pretty much. Think I was born at exactly the right time.
This too.

Last edited:

Back