What are you doing about your season ticket? Poll.

What are you doing with your season ticket?

• Already paid in full.

Votes: 50 6.6%
  • Usually pay in full, but won't be until crowds are back.

Votes: 57 7.5%
  • Continuing with DD scheme as it is.

Votes: 147 19.5%
  • Cancelling before 11th June deadline, but returning when crowds are back.

Votes: 216 28.6%
  • Not going back until the owner has gone.

Votes: 121 16.0%
  • Pay in full and happy to watch online until crowds are back.

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 153 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Next season would've been the first for about 6 years that i could've got a season ticket, due to work, Not confident of a full seasons football tbh so looks like the season after for me.

I think I've covered all of the options. Can we have this in PF please mods?

I'm not sure what I'm doing? I haven't been to a home game this year. I was either watching in a pub or at home.

I was pondering getting a ticket in the Black Cats Bar. However, that was dependent on selling my house and Xmas quickly followed by the lockdown has put pay to that for now (I showed someone around today for the first time in about 3 months).

I think I'll hang fire for now. My direct debit didn't work once in 5 goes last season so I don't have to do anything.

I'm not sure what I'm doing? I haven't been to a home game this year. I was either watching in a pub or at home.

I was pondering getting a ticket in the Black Cats Bar. However, that was dependent on selling my house and Xmas quickly followed by the lockdown has put pay to that for now (I showed someone around today for the first time in about 3 months).

I'll think I'll hang fire for now. My direct debit didn't work once in 5 goes last season so I don't have to do anything.
Is it possible to add an undecided option to the poll? I think there's a few who are probably still weighing up options.

Cancelled my DD yesterday. The club should have followed the lines of the likes of Bradford City by suspending ticket sales for next year till it’s clear what’s happening. I’m disappointed I was forced into deciding either way before an announcement was officially made on next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I support the team that’s on the pitch so why wouldn’t I keep going. I wouldn’t ever stop just because the owner is doing something I don’t like.

I’m like that but paying for a product that’s unlikely to be there for the majority of the season (my uneducated guess) is a step on from that again. Saying that on the basis that I wouldn’t be fussed about watching a stream of football in an empty ground. Others will value the stream bit I know.

FWIW I went ‘undecided’ as my normal view is that the club needs backing in a low ebb.

It's so sad, that many of us have decided to call it a day. My own decision of not to return is based on my refusal to give the owners any more of my money. Like many, SAFC is my club, and always will be, but I have no assurances that my season ticket renewal will be invested in the club to ensure its long term future. It's easy to say that not renewing is another nail in the coffin, but simply handing my hard earned cash to those with questionable intentions is equally baffling. Over the past few seasons we have been fed a diet of half truths, with our own intelligence being questioned by many. I'm intelligent enough to realise when the wool is being pulled over my eyes. No thanks enough is enough.

Poll so far shows almost half of ST holders will not be stumping up anything on 11 June. That excludes the "undecided", some of whom will also not renew.

I wonder if the owner budgeted for a 50%+ drop in renewals?

Continuing with DD.

I hate the way things are right now but SAFC are a big part of my life.

In all honesty I haven’t missed watching us since the lockdown started, in fact it’s been a relief not having to witness what I considered the inevitable failure to get promotion again from Division 3.

Blind faith keeps me there - things have surely got to improve ?

If people don’t stump up and EFL say only a certain % can go in stadium I bet ally will regret it. Glad I will be ok.
That’s a good point .
But why should we have to gamble on things like that ?
I suppose the club could say that if supporters need to pay by instalments due to their financial situations, then delaying taking payments probably would not be helpful . There would need to be a guarantee of refunds tho.
I think anyone paying in full for next season now is showing a little too much blind faith and misplaced loyalty . That’s just my opinion.

If people don’t stump up and EFL say only a certain % can go in stadium I bet ally will regret it. Glad I will be ok.

The club should have waited. No reason to make a decision either way now. Especially after all this moral obligation to stakeholder bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back