What a ridiculous sentence 🙄

Let's be honest, our justice system is only really there to protect businesses from losing money.

They don't even give a toss about that at a lower level. If you're talking massive scale fraud attempts and robberies, maybe. Absolute joke.

Had two experiences over the past year, one where I had to go to court and one where I had to phone police. Both were far far below what I would expect of a decent minimum level of service in the CJS.

Had one absolute muppet on the phone from the police who asked me "what difference does it make if we catch him now or in a month", after my business was done over... They then failed to acquire CCTV in time and there's a bloke who is now emboldened to steal thousands of £ from businesses, in branded clothing, no face covering, gloves etc :lol:.

Last edited:

Durham Police won't do anything until I'm physically assaulted. They just tell me to remove myself from the situation to keep myself safe, which means me leaving places that I want to be in because he is there.

There is now. It's called Claire's Law after a lady who was murdered by her partner who had a history of violence that she didn't know about. You can ask the Police for the history on a partner and find out any past convictions in order to protect yourself.

It wasn't around at the time, but if it had been and I had used it, I would have ended the relationship before it really got started.

If you report an ongoing domestic incident such as an argument its nearly always an immediate response. Risk of injury and anyone will tell you to remove yourself. Funny as most domestic incidents are non-violence but still require a police presence and report. Been like that for at least 6/7 years. Couples simply having arguments will have cops heading out on blue lights with a form submitted on them
I see by your other comment thats claires law wasnt around this was quite a while ago.

Last edited:
Number of cops in durham is still down from 2010 despite the tory 20k officer push. Other forces are sometimes only up 10s or 20s.
Problem officers have are still the same issues as in 2010 but worse now.
Cuts to police staff on 25k a year that would prepare court ready files have gone so cops are now sat at desks for hours doing files and waiting for cps charging decisions that could be made by sgts or inspectors in case reviews lasting 30 minutes. Only for a suspended sentence a large amount of time.
Not to mention not one change in how nhs deal with mental health forcing police forces to continue to deal and pick up the mess as they always have done.
Thats just scratching the surface. Dont get me started on this degree scheme. Could go on for hours
Will Right Care, Right Person (RCRP) help with the demand?

National Partnership Agreement: Right Care, Right Person (RCRP)

Only found out about it in relation to missing hospital patients protocol is changing on the back of RCRP

Thankfully i have little to do with mispers and mental health. Absolute minefield and just ends up with police spinning plates.

If you report an ongoing domestic incident such as an argument its nearly always an immediate response. Risk of injury and anyone will tell you to remove yourself. Funny as most domestic incidents are non-violence but still require a police presence and report. Been like that for at least 6/7 years. Couples simply having arguments will have cops heading out on blue lights with a form submitted on them
I see by your other comment thats claires law wasnt around this was quite a while ago.

Yes the relationship started before Claire's Law was a thing. His behaviour since we split up is ongoing though. I asked for help from Suzy Lamplugh Trust who said it should be logged with the Police but when I rang the Police, they said they can't do anything until something physical happens.

Yes the relationship started before Claire's Law was a thing. His behaviour since we split up is ongoing though. I asked for help from Suzy Lamplugh Trust who said it should be logged with the Police but when I rang the Police, they said they can't do anything until something physical happens.

There are harassment and malicious comms offences so thats bollocks

That’s exactly what I thought. His behaviour is escalating every time. I can’t believe you can go to someone’s house with an axe, threaten them with it and walk free from court.
Crazy state of affairs. Partner needs protection and, as seems usual these days, is let down.
Just like those rats fighting in Newcastle, during the day, armed with bats and machete’s. Suspended sentences.

I’d honestly get back in amongst that. That’s definitely not right like. I’m not saying you aren’t right I’m saying the police haven’t followed through correctly. The Malicious Communications Act covers that.

Crazy state of affairs. Partner needs protection and, as seems usual these days, is let down.
Just like those rats fighting in Newcastle, during the day, armed with bats and machete’s. Suspended sentences.
Seemed odd that today like. Nowt actually seemed to happen though did it?

Back