What’s gone down in houghton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Textbook response. Well done.

Houghton = banjo country.

Feral kids hanging around the "main square" harassing and assaulting people with cops too frightened to do anything about them because their parents are notorious psychopaths who think nothing of inflicting violence on anyone who gets in their way or criticizes them.

The whole place should be nuked.
Where’s this?

Last edited:
Ah, where you from if you don't mind me asking? As for the thread there's nowt wrong with Houghton - I would and do have a pint there every time I'm back - some right fannies about nowadays

Just walk past them head held high if go about looking to the ground or intimidated will probably get bother.

Had some of the best laughs in what some people would call rough areas or rough pubs.

Nowt wrong with Houghton compared to some of the villages round Sunderland. It has its faults like everywhere but it ain’t that bad.

(Not including up hall lane mind, like Damascus up there)

I was brought up round there mate and in the last 5 years or so it's gotten worse.. was up there last night and I'd say there was at least 25 kids hanging about still at 10pm.. can be quite intimidating for some... I walked an old lady up to use the cash point a few weeks ago .. friend of my mothers and got talking to her outside the club.. she was waiting for a taxi to go home, was only 7 o clock.. thought she must of been ill cos she normally shares a taxi home with my mother.. she just didn't have enough money with her and needed to use the machine but wouldn't go near it with all the kids there... shame really ..

Mind you they've got nothing at all to do other than hang about shops I suppose...
Aye its a shame mate, i only pass through now on way to oldies and the redhouse, last orders and the duck and kangaroo old boozer let the place down. 30 years since i lived there.

Just walk past them head held high if go about looking to the ground or intimidated will probably get bother.

Had some of the best laughs in what some people would call rough areas or rough pubs.

exactly marra, been to houghton drinking umpteen times, never had any bother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back