What’s gone down in houghton?

:lol:
It was on a Tuesday morning, never the best time to catch the biggest audience.
I always like those talks as you never know what you are going to get. At the one at the museum, a young lad came in, forcibly encouraged by his mother, and asked for my autograph.:lol: I'm fairly sure he didn't have a clue who I was and a couple of my friends were there and they thought it was hilarious.
My wife's a lit student so I'd imagine she would have been interested.

The kids like to hoy stuff at the x1 and 237 buses later at night and when the dark nights are here but that practice also happens up the Easington lane area too so im lead to believe. Certainly ive been on the 237 with a window smashed

Houghton is no where near as bad as some clowns have made out on here.

Few families you don't fuck with but that's most areas... Kids were vandalising the odd bus late at night but police did fuck all about it.

The church area looks nice but that is where must the bother is. Some decent surrounding areas though imo.

The Methodist one near the high street?

According to google maps, there are lots of pink and purple particles in the sky, that may have something to do with it.

House prices seem relatively high for everything that isn't terraced.

Seems a shame that the police can't stop more of the anti-social behaviour.

The Methodist one near the high street?

According to google maps, there are lots of pink and purple particles in the sky, that may have something to do with it.

House prices seem relatively high for everything that isn't terraced.

Seems a shame that the police can't stop more of the anti-social behaviour.
Depends whereabouts, Mulberry park in Fence Houses is around about £220-250k when in Durham average houses are similar prices.

Fair point on the club and shops but on the whole its still a canny place to live. First house i bought was bottom of redhouse and still have relations living there.

I was brought up round there mate and in the last 5 years or so it's gotten worse.. was up there last night and I'd say there was at least 25 kids hanging about still at 10pm.. can be quite intimidating for some... I walked an old lady up to use the cash point a few weeks ago .. friend of my mothers and got talking to her outside the club.. she was waiting for a taxi to go home, was only 7 o clock.. thought she must of been ill cos she normally shares a taxi home with my mother.. she just didn't have enough money with her and needed to use the machine but wouldn't go near it with all the kids there... shame really ..

Mind you they've got nothing at all to do other than hang about shops I suppose...

Back