What’s going to be more traumatic this week?

Arnie Conan's class.

What is best in life?

Sci fi is science based fiction. There’s not a great deal of science in SW. It’s basically a fairy tale that just happens to be set in space.
Or a “space opera”, according to George Lucas.
GOT is a story of power, greed and political machinations that just happens to be set in a medieval world. The dragons and shit are just there to jazz it up a bit.

Doesn’t ‘just happen’ to be set in a medieval world. Isn’t it loosely based on the Wars of the Roses?

Last edited:

I watched it avidly until last series when I watched the first couple and then didn't bother with the rest. I have become strangely disinterested in it now, not really sure why but I have no urge to watch the latest series.
Same here although we're persisting with it. Lost its mojo with the battle of the bastards for me.

TBF I’ve just started GOT from the beginning for the third time and Season 1 is incredibly slow. Nothing happens for about 7 episodes so it’s easy to see why people gave up on it.
At the same time, everything happens. There is so much detail that it took a bit of focus/effort to follow too.

As I said on the other thread,i think it's the greatest work of fiction ever created. It breaks all the rules yet kept getting better.

A bold statement and one which I cannot agree:lol:
For the whole duration,there wasn't a main character or plot line. It breaks all the traditions of plot,sub-plot etc. They kill so many major characters and it still improved. Nothing I can think of is on that scale and continued to grow in intrigue or popularity.

For the whole duration,there wasn't a main character or plot line. It breaks all the traditions of plot,sub-plot etc. They kill so many major characters and it still improved. Nothing I can think of is on that scale and continued to grow in intrigue or popularity.
I've read them all and it's a good yarn but the series wouldn't be in my top 100 works of fiction. People can like and admire different things.

Back