Wettest match you've ever been to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accrington away last season without a doubt on that open terrace. Bizarrely enjoyed it though as I knew at the time it was one of those moments I’ll never forget following SAFC. I was with me dad and brother and along with everyone else we were just laughing and singing away making the best of it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 73 cup final being a bit of a soggy day. It rained from the Friday morning when I went to school and was still pissing down when we got back from Wembley on the Sunday morning.
Was at quite a number of those matches already mentioned. Of those I'd say Calais in 2000 and Accrington last season were about the wettest ..... oh and that Reading FA cup match around 1990.
I did on page 4 of the thread.

England v Netherlands in Guimarães last year. Lashed down all day before and after the match. It was pretty cold too.

We played Calais in a friendly in 2000-2001ish(?). Open stand, absolutely pissing down. I think Hutchison got taken off and then put back on again, and I seem to remember Danny Dichio scored the winner. Absolutely soaked to the skin.
I posted loads of photos of that game........

Been drenched many times, but I can remember getting soaked to the skin away at Preston once......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back