Wetherspoons

As much as it's easy to slag off Wetherspoons. I'd take them in a heartbeat over the likes of SSP and Aramark which usually get these sort of the places.

Seems like SSP has now resorted to fake reviews for their dreadful restaurants at Newcastle Airport or there's just a random bunch of people who happen to vote them 5* with 1 review and don't mention the food and seem to call out staff names, with near identical messages, very suspicious.

I've stayed in the Wetherspoons hotel in Kings Lynn and it was perfectly fine.
Is that the one that has old Tudor rafters and stuff?

I was working down there about 20 years ago and it became our "local".

Really good and really cheap beer. Canny steaks as well.

Stopped in the Wetherspoons hotels in Thirsk and Ripon on consecutive nights a while ago. Really enjoyed it. Big rooms and great to come down to a large Wetherspoons breakfast in the Morning. They used to have cheap rooms on a Sunday night don't know if they still do.

I stayed in the one in Chesterfield and room was good . Gave you free bottles of water which is good next morning after you have a few downstairs in the bar the night beofre
Stayed in that one aye. Room had 4 beds in!

The one in Corby was prob the best hotel in town! Immaculate. Imo if they inherit somewhere with rooms they keep them on rather than doing it allover. Decent amount now though, sure our friends used one round henley on thames n loved it.

Is that the one that has old Tudor rafters and stuff?

I was working down there about 20 years ago and it became our "local".

Really good and really cheap beer. Canny steaks as well.

It's the Globe Hotel, which goes back to at least 1650

I quite like Kings Lynn. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere but there are a few half decent pubs.

Back