Westworld - Season 3

yeah that probably hits the nail on the head - i'll draw a line under that series and start 3 a fresh in the hope that they turn things round. obvs anthony hopkins won't be it***... what i thought would be a great aspect was that they could jump back into the parks history at any point, or move sideways with the different arenas within the park (like india) but the way series 2 played out i don't see that as a thing now.

*** nailed on to make an appearance at some unlikely moment...
He’ll be in it, one thing I’ve picked up is that nobody, but nobody stays dead for more than 2 episodes

I'll probably binge watch it after its finished, not that into it now as I was before, but would like to see what happens...
i reckon this is one of the few series that worked better when you watched it week on week, rather than straight through one after the other. certainly the first series the thread here that spent the week picking over the bones of each episode made the following one more enjoyable... @The Exile (seems the have disappeared?) appeared to be on the writing staff almost in his predictions...

i reckon this is one of the few series that worked better when you watched it week on week, rather than straight through one after the other. certainly the first series the thread here that spent the week picking over the bones of each episode made the following one more enjoyable... @The Exile (seems the have disappeared?) appeared to be on the writing staff almost in his predictions...

The first series I did watch in real time, but not sure now, I may give the first ep of season 3 a watch and see...

Series 1 was quality tv.

As others have said series 2 was all over the shop. I didn’t have a f***ing clue what was going on.

Will still watch series 3 as I hate not finishing a tv show.

Apart from the walking dead. Sacked that off once rick was taken.

I didnt realise season 2 was so universally disliked, I really enjoyed it. I agree that for a large part of it you dont know wtf is going on but if you stick with it its all tied up in the end and is very satisfying.

Just watched season 2 again, I think I must be just thick, couldn’t get my head around 90% of what was going on.
You're not.
They made it complicated just for the sake of it.
Tried to be far far too clever. More or less impossible to know the time lines.
A mess of a show. I fell asleep half way through the last episode and had no desire to watch the end and didn't bother.

I didnt realise season 2 was so universally disliked, I really enjoyed it. I agree that for a large part of it you dont know wtf is going on but if you stick with it its all tied up in the end and is very satisfying.
i think part of the problem for me was that the narrative was played out in such a way, that i didnt care by the end what happened. the fate of teddy when it came to the crunch was like just meh, and the way delores evolved was more like a bad terminator film.
A mess of a show. I fell asleep half way through the last episode and had no desire to watch the end and didn't bother.
would you bother with series 3?

Last edited:
You're not.
I agree with this. Trying to be clever for clevers sake. I would doubt the writers could have followed it if they hadn't actually written the script.

i think part of the problem for me was that the narrative was played out in such a way, that i didnt care by the end what happened. the fate of teddy when it came to the crunch was like just meh, and the way delores evolved was more like a bad terminator film.

would you bother with series 3?
I dunno, I binged watched it which may have helped keep stuff in my head better than week by week. I'm really looking forward to season 3. Love Jonathan Nolans' stuff. His show Person of interest was criminally underrated.

I dunno, I binged watched it which may have helped keep stuff in my head better than week by week. I'm really looking forward to season 3. Love Jonathan Nolans' stuff. His show Person of interest was criminally underrated.
never heard of person of interest? what was that all about?

i can't imagine nolan won't follow the same multi-layered timelines that him and his brother have made their trademark... im just not entirely sure how they got it so wrong the 2nd time. did him and his wife had to rewrite series one half way through? something like hbo saw the first 4 episodes and didnt like it, or something?

never heard of person of interest? what was that all about?

i can't imagine nolan won't follow the same multi-layered timelines that him and his brother have made their trademark... im just not entirely sure how they got it so wrong the 2nd time. did him and his wife had to rewrite series one half way through? something like hbo saw the first 4 episodes and didnt like it, or something?
Check out the trailer, I really enjoyed it, ran for five seasons, was kinda episode of the week early on but became a more arc heavy from the second season on.

They didnt! ;)

havent heard anything about the rewrite stuff.

It’s a shame that Season 2 was such a mess and hard to follow, as a couple of the episodes (including the one about the Native American, as mentioned) were absolutely brilliant.

I wondered if it would be a bit more (modern) Battlestar Galactica like, where the robots walk among us and nobody is really sure who is human and who is not. This looks a bit more obvious - the robots have the big guns and are killing people.

Is Sky the only legal way to watch this? My sky expires on 15th March and I wasn't going to bother to renew. Waiting until the series is over and getting a month of NowTV could be an option?

Really wanted to like it but found season 1 to be like pushing treacle up a hill so sacked it off when that finished.
Aye. Hard work for not a lot of pay off.
You're not.
This could easily apply to series 1. IF not for the timeline skipping all over the place there was nothing actually there in the storyline to create any suspense.

Last edited:

Back