West Indies V England - T20

Its not hyperbole

Vince isn't

so over half the team missing

its fun and giggles, who can hit the most sixes, dont take it so seriously
Cricket is just hitting a piece of leather with a stick, don't take it so seriously.

What ever you think of T20, it's been the ECB's strategic priority and we've regressed since Bayliss left.
Missing Bairstow, Buttler, Malan, Stokes, Wood and Archer - not too concerned about this series. It’s a farce of a schedule.

Good to see Banton and Salt do well
I wouldn't say Stokes and Archer are necessarily T20I regulars.

I noticed Colly whingeing about the scheduling after the event.

Last edited:
Its not hyperbole

Vince isn't

so over half the team missing

its fun and giggles, who can hit the most sixes, dont take it so seriously
This, plus tbh Mills is loosely a first teamer when Archer and Sam Curran are back... and Livingstone looked like he would rather be in any place in the world than in the middle last night :lol: plenty of things to be pissed off with English cricket at the moment but our second string being narrowly beaten away from home in a t20 by West Indies isn't one of them.

Cricket is just hitting a piece of leather with a stick, don't take it so seriously.

What ever you think of T20, it's been the ECB's strategic priority and we've regressed since Bayliss left.

Yes they are regulars. Archer just about the best fast t20 bowler in the world

How can you say James Vince is a first choice player but archer and stokes aren’t?

And colly is right in schedule too

Didn't say that. You didn't post until the Semi final where you came on to have a moan despite England brilliant performance in the tournament.

Considering you want a bloke who was our top run scorer and averaged 89 in the tournament not to open. I'm just baffled.
And how do you know we couldn’t have done better with him in a different position? I don’t recall ever denying he wasn’t our best player. Same as those wanting root to bat at 3 in tests - doesn’t make root a bad player, but helps the squad balance.

I’m not sure what my posting history on here has to do with what I watched on tv. Very random and confused point you make, just like your post. You have no clue what you are on about
This, plus tbh Mills is loosely a first teamer when Archer and Sam Curran are back... and Livingstone looked like he would rather be in any place in the world than in the middle last night :lol: plenty of things to be pissed off with English cricket at the moment but our second string being narrowly beaten away from home in a t20 by West Indies isn't one of them.
You could just tell Livingstone was focusing so hard on not shitting himself in the middle 😂

Last edited:
And how do you know we couldn’t have done better with him in a different position? I don’t recall ever denying he wasn’t our best player. Same as those wanting root to bat at 3 in tests - doesn’t make root a bad player, but helps the squad balance.

I’m not sure what my posting history on here has to do with what I watched on tv. Very random and confused point you make, just like your post. You have no clue what you are on about

You could just tell Livingstone was focusing so hard on not shitting himself in the middle 😂
Yeah seemed a cross between not shitting himself and not being sick in his helmet :lol: should never have been playing should he!

Yes they are regulars. Archer just about the best fast t20 bowler in the world

How can you say James Vince is a first choice player but archer and stokes aren’t?

And colly is right in schedule too
He was making excuses about the Ashes. Apparently we should have only played 2 tests and the players 'deserved a medal' for turning up. Pity he didn't say this to Giles six months earlier.

Every bugger seems to be to blame except the England set up.

He was making excuses about the Ashes. Apparently we should have only played 2 tests and the players 'deserved a medal' for turning up. Pity he didn't say this to Giles six months earlier.

Every bugger seems to be to blame except the England set up.

He’s right

Not sure why they went. Just pawns in the ECB and CA’s game. England have played 17 tests last year all in bubbles, Australia played 3

I would in the case of Archer that is purely down to fitness.

When fit would be one of the first names on the team sheet for our T20 team imo

I had a quick look at the scores from the other day as, going from here, I thought we'd lost by about 100 runs.

A 20 run defeat isn't that bad, considering the score England were up against. Especially as this series is about as meaningful as a game of rounders, and being played to get some tourism back into the Caribbean more than anything else.

All I hope is that the travelling supporters are having a canny time.

He’s right

Not sure why they went. Just pawns in the ECB and CA’s game. England have played 17 tests last year all in bubbles, Australia played 3
You think the players deserve a medal for sitting around a pool, some light nets sessions and getting rolled over in 3 days?

I would have called the tour off but twisting about being in a bubble at a luxury hotel when people have died, lost loved ones or hardly left their home in 2 years is likely to antagonise most people. His last post on FB was a photo of an idyllic Carribbean beach from his morning run FFS. Tough times.

You think the players deserve a medal for sitting around a pool, some light nets sessions and getting rolled over in 3 days?

I would have called the tour off but twisting about being in a bubble at a luxury hotel when people have died, lost loved ones or hardly left their home in 2 years is likely to antagonise most people. His last post on FB was a photo of an idyllic Carribbean beach from his morning run FFS. Tough times.
Great post!!

Of course it would not have been ideal for them been in a bubble for so long and of course not the best preparation.

But at the same time it needs putting in perspective and you have done that perfectly!

For Colly to say the players deserve a medal is over the top imo.

Last edited:

Back