West Indies 🏝️ v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 3rd test

Terrible tour.

Two bore draws on dead pitches followed by an absolute kicking. The bowling pissed me off more than the batting because we know there's a world class opening pair sat at home while two 'never has and never will be' like Woakes and Overton toil away. But there's no obvious alternatives for the top 6.

White ball dominance has come home to roost with the batting, a team of number sixes and no-one to battle it out up top. We are the Ford Capri 1.2l of world cricket, all bonnet and no bollocks.

I genuinely think there's a tipping point coming over the hill. If the ECB continue to ignore the test team the public are going to follow. Why should we invest in something they clearly won't? Scrap the 16.4 now and get some f***ing championship cricket played in the summer.

Last edited:

Agree - I have no issues with them calling for change tbh, they are in the main, people with strong cricket brains and have offered a lot to the English game. It's concerning for Root who seems so keen to hang on to the captaincy, that there now seems to be growing momentum in the cricketing press for him to go.

Sounds very much like another ‘leader’ we’re all too familiar with ;)

Terrible tour.

Two bore draws on dead pitches followed by an absolute kicking. The bowling pissed me off more than the batting because we know there's a world class opening pair sat at home while two 'never has and never will be' like Woakes and Overton toil away. But there's no obvious alternatives for the top 6.

White ball dominance has come home to roost with the batting, a team of number sixes and no-one to battle it out up top. We are the Ford Capri 1.2l of world cricket, all bonnet and no bollocks.

I genuinely think there's a tipping point coming over the hill. If the ECB continue to ignore the test team the public are going to follow. Why should we invest in something they clearly won't? Scrap the 16.4 now and get some f***ing championship cricket played in the summer.
I keep getting emails from Lord's saying NZ Test tickets are still available which is unheard of. Used to be win in the ballot or you've no chance

I keep getting emails from Lord's saying NZ Test tickets are still available which is unheard of. Used to be win in the ballot or you've no chance

I was successful in the ballot for the first time ever for day 1 of the NZ test at Lords, unfortunately I can't go as my mate gets married that day. £110 a ticket in the Edrich Stand I think it was.

Loads of tickets left for most days at all grounds
Party stand at Old Trafford empty for the bank holiday weekend.

Not surprising with Lords. £70 is shocking
Top tier of the party stand at OT has been taken off sale for that very reason.

65% of tickets for days 1-4 still available for the Saffer test at Old Trafford, and this is a reduced capacity OT as well (Red Rose Stand is being developed). You can't fool all the people all the time.

Top tier of the party stand at OT has been taken off sale for that very reason.

65% of tickets for days 1-4 still available for the Saffer test at Old Trafford, and this is a reduced capacity OT as well (Red Rose Stand is being developed). You can't fool all the people all the time.
I think it's a mix of apathy AND obscene ticket prices.

People will grumble about paying £70+ but shell out if they're watching a competitive England team and games that can go either way.

But paying 70 notes to watch a weak England side - refusing to even play the best team and mumbling shite about rotation and reset - getting pummeled by everyone we play? I think that's a tipping point for anyone.

Terrible tour.

Fair points, the public will soon get sick of £100 tickets for test cricket

They’re people who care about English cricket. I think Atherton’s position is key. He’s a former captain and chief cricket writer at the Times. That carries a lot of weight. You can tell how poor he thinks it was that everyone went after the Ashes but Root kept the captaincy. Him staying would have possibly been vindicated with a series win or even draw in West Indies (had we won a test well) but now the position that Root should have resigned pre series has been vindicated.

Yeah Root probs should have gone then, but there is a complete vaccum of leadership at the ECB, no chairman, no proper DOC, no coach

Root is very much the public face of a failing system and I feel for him

Its ridiculous we playing such a tough tour so close to an ashes one too, any chance these blokes get some time off?

I expect England to do OK at home this summer, there are no bubbles, no nothing, and they have sometime now. No rotation as a result

You cant under estimate how much Covid and rotation fucked them up,

People like quoting the test championship rankings, well after the first test in India we were top, fairly near the end

I fancy us to be beat NZ, South Africa will be tought but think we will have new leadership at the ECB by then

Just checked Lancs website, day one of the test vs South Africa in August, loads of tickets left

Looks like folk are becoming a tad fed up

EDRICH LOWER £140 for england vs new zealand :lol::lol::lol:. compton lower £100 dear me​

Last edited:
I think it's a mix of apathy AND obscene ticket prices.

People will grumble about paying £70+ but shell out if they're watching a competitive England team and games that can go either way.

But paying 70 notes to watch a weak England side - refusing to even play the best team and mumbling shite about rotation and reset - getting pummeled by everyone we play? I think that's a tipping point for anyone.
£40 for the party stand, £30 adult and £9 child in the family stand. Might be true in London, but ticket prices at OT aren't the problem.

Just checked Lancs website, day one of the test vs South Africa in August, loads of tickets left

Looks like folk are becoming a tad fed up

EDRICH LOWER £140 for england vs new zealand :lol::lol::lol:. compton lower £100 dear me​

Eng v Nz will be a total mismatch. Like paying 140 notes to watch Western Samoa against France...
£40 for the party stand, £30 adult and £9 child in the family stand. Might be true in London, but ticket prices at OT aren't the problem.
Ah, fair.

Sometimes I forget you have to pay more for the luxury of being down south ;)

It is over the top and it's not as if there's an outstanding captain waiting in the wings to take over. He's supposed to have a head coach to support him and that support has been non existent plus he can't be held responsible for the number of injuries to his bowlers,their welfare and fitness is down to the individual and the medical staff but we won't have a groudhog day on that issue.
Yeah from whichever angle you look at it, hope we can agree he hasn’t been dealt the best of cards,in fact a very bad hand if you ask me.

Alistair Cook in The Times just reading his piece, was excellent, hard to disagree with him really.
Also Steve James making some interesting suggstions, including Andy Flower as selector, which I think is an amazing shout. Best coach we have ever had for me, but not sure it work going back.

I just think some blokes can look at a cricketer and get a sense if they will make it at test cricket, he feels like one.

Last edited:

Back