West Brom fans

They do seem particularly bitter online like, I think they contributed to getting their lad sent off by giving Ballard stick. He already should have been booked for dragging Ballard back earlier.
As another poster said , this board when we lose is embarrassing at times

Worst in Birmingham by a mile. Thought Villa were a bit entitled but reading some of their comments I realise how utterly deluded they are. Bit nasty to boot.
I take fans as I find them. Yesterday was my 12th visit to the Hawthorns (only seen us lose once:eek:) and I can honestly say I have never met anyone who supports WBA who was not friendly and respectful. We stayed over again yesterday as we pretty much always do so you bump into them in the pubs after the game and as ever they were great. My two adult daughters were with me this time for their first ever visit there and without me saying anything to them they both commented how friendly the people we met were.

Nowt wrong with WBA, or indeed Brum or Wolves fans in my experience. Villa and Coventry on the other hand.......

I take fans as I find them. Yesterday was my 12th visit to the Hawthorns (only seen us lose once:eek:) and I can honestly say I have never met anyone who supports WBA who was not friendly and respectful. We stayed over again yesterday as we pretty much always do so you bump into them in the pubs after the game and as ever they were great. My two adult daughters were with me this time for their first ever visit there and without me saying anything to them they both commented how friendly the people we met were.

Nowt wrong with WBA, or indeed Brum or Wolves fans in my experience. Villa and Coventry on the other hand.......
Agreed. Which one?

They’re absolutely triggered by Ballard.

Seems there entire game plan was to knack him.

Worked well.
Fans do this sort of thing. Remember when we were going to create a cauldron of hate for Alex Neil? How did that work out for us? Play the game not the occasion.

If I was a Baggie, I would have been livid that a couple of my players seemed to want to maim Ballard more than they wanted to win the game. Either of the two yellow card tackles could have been given as straight reds on another day and the ref had the easiest job in the world in wielding the red after the second one. The other yellow card (on Ballard) in the second half was almost as bad.

That red card lost them the match and they look as if they will make the play offs anyway but its not certain. The dismissed player will now miss the next game as well. Massively unprofessional from the players concerned.

The best way for them to have got to Ballard was to keep 11 on the pitch and win the game. They lost their heads, then the plot and then the game.

As for the fans, its banter and as usual all the ones I met personally were very friendly.
100%
The main reason why I think villa fans are bell ends
I don't need some bloke on the internet to make me think a lot of Villa fans are self entitled bell ends. I have met enough of them in real life to lead me to the same conclusion. They remind me of the mags in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Agree , do remember a lively bunch we came across at roker park 😬… but in general they are sound

Came back on a train once from Manchester Piccadilly with West Brom fans.
Left me to die at New Street and I fell out at Banbury.
The Mrs (no) clearly knew that I had been drinking plenty. Full responsibility directed at the West Brom fans. @Boinger

Came back on a train once from Manchester Piccadilly with West Brom fans.
Left me to die at New Street and I fell out at Banbury.
The Mrs (no) clearly knew that I had been drinking plenty. Full responsibility directed at the West Brom fans. @Boinger
I have always found displacing my own poor life choices onto another group of people works well, especially if you need to keep the wife onside.;)

My wife by the way is without doubt my best ever life choice.
Pretty sure he was never sent off there mind
I think I have confused that game with Wigan around the same period for some reason.

Last edited:
Mind I remember being there in the 70s when they were not so friendly. We got in that pub next to their end before they got in. They couldn’t get in their own pub. They waited outside for us to leave and there was hell on when we did.
We had the whole of that end in those days not a third of it. It was of course terracing. I’d say there were about 2,000 of us there.
At the end of the game their end emptied and came across the pitch to shake our hands.
We went down to meet them and shook their hands.
We’ve been friends ever since.👍

I have always found displacing my own poor life choices onto another group of people works well, especially if you need to keep the wife onside.;)

My wife by the way is without doubt my best ever life choice.

I think I have confused that game with Wigan around the same period for some reason.
All blends into one pot of sheer misery

Mind I remember being there in the 70s when they were not so friendly. We got in that pub next to their end before they got in. They couldn’t get in their own pub. They waited outside for us to leave and there was hell on when we did.
We had the whole of that end in those days not a third of it. It was of course terracing. I’d say there were about 2,000 of us there.
At the end of the game their end emptied and came across the pitch to shake our hands.
We went down to meet them and shook their hands.
We’ve been friends ever since.👍
You wrote that tongue in cheek as that's not how I remember it.

100%
The main reason why I think villa fans are bell ends
Having lived in Birmingham in the past I can say there are quite a few like him. Villa fans are very similar to Leeds, Spurs and the mags in having delusions of being a huge club. Hardly met any Birmingham City fans living there, most people there seemed to support Villa, one of the big 6 or just not be into football. Baggies fans always seemed sound.

Having lived in Birmingham in the past I can say there are quite a few like him. Villa fans are very similar to Leeds, Spurs and the mags in having delusions of being a huge club. Hardly met any Birmingham City fans living there, most people there seemed to support Villa, one of the big 6 or just not be into football. Baggies fans always seemed sound.

You must have been living north side of the city. Plenty of Bluenoses south side, places like Weoley Castle, Druids Heath, Northfield, etc

Back