West Brom fans

Blues stronghold I'd say.

I used to play for Harborne CC. We had a mix of all three, but Villa probably least represented among the player base.

It could cause issues. I once umpired a benefit match for Paul Smith (Villa fan), and our opening bowler was a full on Bluenose. First ball to Smith, perfect off-cutter, probably hitting top of midde and off, if Paul's pad hadn't been in the way. Against all etiquette, the daft bugger appealed. No way was I giving the beneficiary a golden duck. Not out and a bollocking the bowler later. What didn't help was Dermot Reeve at the non-strikers' end saying "Go on, give it".

I used to play for Harborne CC. We had a mix of all three, but Villa probably least represented among the player base.

It could cause issues. I once umpired a benefit match for Paul Smith (Villa fan), and our opening bowler was a full on Bluenose. First ball to Smith, perfect off-cutter, probably hitting top of midde and off, if Paul's pad hadn't been in the way. Against all etiquette, the daft bugger appealed. No way was I giving the beneficiary a golden duck. Not out and a bollocking the bowler later. What didn't help was Dermot Reeve at the non-strikers' end saying "Go on, give it".

I'm about 500yds from Broomfield (Smethwick CC). You must have played there.

Great afternoon out in summer with the newish pavillion bar/cafe. ;)

Worst in Birmingham by a mile. Thought Villa were a bit entitled but reading some of their comments I realise how utterly deluded they are. Bit nasty to boot.
And yet the wba lad on you tube and his son loves us !
They lost -so probably gutted but as I say that father and son seem good fans and appreciate we would not roll over and said it was a sending off all day long -really worth a watch to see our away end
Incredible support

Baggies fans have always been good craic, in Sunderland or down there.

Villa: Mags of the Midlands

Wolves: Only bad thing is the underpass near the ground....if you know you know

Brum: Friggan horrible bunch of twats

Walsall: Game bunch. Got leathered when we stopped off there early 80's. It was a bikers pub so our bad choice!

Coventry: Gotta include these nomadic wankspangling cheese helmet noshing reacharound pegging spunk gargling rim exploring sphincter invading tards

You hate us. Not sure if it stems from B£nt or some other bitter, pent up jealousy but I love it.
No we don’t. :lol:

We’re thankful to you for relegating them oil slurpers years ago and most would like to see you finish top 4 to change it up.

Unless you mean yourself and not your club, then aye. We think you’re a berk.

Best of luck.
These are spot on:

Seen that yesterday, the older one of the two especially seems a very good lad.

Last edited:
No we don’t. :lol:

We’re thankful to you for relegating them oil slurpers years ago and most would like to see you finish top 4 to change it up.

Unless you mean yourself and not your club, then aye. We think you’re a berk.

Best of luck.

Seen that yesterday, the older one of the two especially seems a very good lad.

I hate Villa, Mags of the Midlands them lot.

Each to their own, I don’t mind them and think they play some good stuff. The way Cridge goes on is a bit weird but he’s just a bit excited at being in the European places I think, so I’ll let him off.

He’s clearly not all there tbf.

He's an archetypal Villa fan in my experience, they honestly believe they're something special and folks care about them. Mags of the Midlands.

I saw a few comments about him. I get that he knacked Maja earlier in the season which was clumsy and a bad tackle. But these things happen. I’d always thought he was quite an inoffensive lad but they really seem to have it in for him. A bit odd, if anything he’s a bit beige imo. Not worth getting riled up about
I didn’t see Ballard’s tackle on Maja but he was on the receiving end of one v QPR the season before which kept him out for months. As you say, these things happen.
He's an archetypal Villa fan in my experience, they honestly believe they're something special and folks care about them. Mags of the Midlands.
In fairness, our next two kings support Villa😉

Last edited:

Back