Were teachers in the 60s like the Spanish inquisition?

Left-wing đŸ€Ł đŸ€Ł đŸ€Ł

Don't know about that but, according to my Dad, the one's in the '50s were vicious. One teacher wore a gold signet rang and would back-hand them across the lughole if he wasn't happy with them. Claret arl owa.

Left-wing đŸ€Ł đŸ€Ł đŸ€Ł

Don't know about that but, according to my Dad, the one's in the '50s were vicious. One teacher wore a gold signet rang and would back-hand them across the lughole if he wasn't happy with them. Claret arl owa.
One of the teachers at Durham Johnston in the 60s told us once that it was worse in the '50s - one of his colleagues had shouted at a lad walking down the corridor to get his hands out of his pockets and bashed him round the head a couple of times to emphasise the point. It turned out the lad was an apprentice plumber there to fix a leak in the bogs. They all had a good laugh about it.

I couldn't imagine teachers today like they were back in the 60s, they must have been proper left wing twats using the cane or shoe and I bet they didn't even think twice about doing it.
Have you ever appreciated or understood why most teachers, nurses etc. are ‘left wing twats’?

It might be because they have first hand experience of some of the problems in society, and they are affected by the lack of investment in key sectors.

As an anecdote, a teacher who I know has told me about a child who is excited about an expected Christmas present of a new pair of school shoes. They won’t receive much else as their parents sell anything of value to buy more drugs.

Love from a “left wing twat”. X

Without a doubt. My father was a teacher at Linskill in North Shields and he used a rounder bat which he also brought home. One of his favourite "tactics" was to clip pupils and me on one side of the head and then clip the other side to straighten it. Another was to back you up against a wall and pretend to hit you causing you to bang your head on the wall as you reacted. A sadist yes would be in chokey now.

Back