Wembley hotels

Holiday Inn express Stratford.

Long way out but straight to Wembley Park on the Jubilee line is the thinking behind it.

I considered that myself but decided to be more central. There are some decent hotels around Stratford at reasonable (for London) rates as long as there isn't an event on in the Olympic Park or stadium.

Staying in the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum on the Saturday & Sunday night with the Mrs, £200. Driving down Saturday morning, driving home Monday morning.

I've stopped there more times than I care to remember as in a previous job it was our default London hotel. It's not the best Holiday Inn around but it's big enough to always to have available rooms and it's right next the tube station.

Jury’s inn Watford for us on the Sunday night....never been but it seemed a better option to drive down this time around..any decent pubs or meet up point after the game if others are trying this option?

won't matter if there's loads of us

Why would anyone want to go straight back to Watford after the game when there's all of London a tube ride away man :)

I drank in London until 11PM after the checkatrade game then went back to my hotel. It was actually the first time I'd seen the hotel as my son had dumped the bags. OK it was only a short taxi ride away but Watford is only 30 minutes on a tube.

A choice between the hick town of Watford and London isn't much of a choice but hey ho...

Why would anyone want to go straight back to Watford after the game when there's all of London a tube ride away man :)

I drank in London until 11PM after the checkatrade game then went back to my hotel. It was actually the first time I' d seen the hotel as my son had dumped the bags. OK it was only a short taxi ride away but Watford is only 30 minutes on a tube.

A choice between the hick town of Watford and London isn't much of a choice but hey ho...
Done the whole weekend for 2014 and same for Checkatrade, be a change with loads of MLF there

I drank in London until 11PM after the checkatrade game then went back to my hotel. It was actually the first time I' d seen the hotel as my son had dumped the bags. OK it was only a short taxi ride away but Watford is only 30 minutes on a tube.

The puffs parlors in soho aren’t everyone’s cup of tea bullet heeeed :)

Done the whole weekend for 2014 and same for Checkatrade, be a change with loads of MLF there

O'Neill's in Kings Cross was full of Sunderland fans after the match, as was the Euston Flyer.

Each to their own but I spent 2 hours in a pub in Watford in 1998 with a dozen of my mates and it was shite so won't be hurrying back. End of the day it's a nothing town near London.

Where did you drink after the game mate, Camden or Covent Garden? No mate we went to Watford! :)

Back