Well done Sunlun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your opinion I suppose, but in my opinion we weren't awful at all, some really good individual performances and dogged second half display to take the points.
Fair doos mate, for me it’s the worst safc I have ever watched, and I watched our 3rd division campaign under Smith. To have 2 shots on goal making it 6 shots in 3 games is abysmal. I get we won but we won’t finish top 6 under Ross.

Fair doos mate, for me it’s the worst safc I have ever watched, and I watched our 3rd division campaign under Smith. To have 2 shots on goal making it 6 shots in 3 games is abysmal. I get we won but we won’t finish top 6 under Ross.
Yeah it isn't great, and we haven't got a Marco type player this time around, but if we can play like that today and grind out a result against the so called better sides, and then hopefully stick a few away against the so called lesser sides we won't be too far away.We looked pretty solid at the back today, Willis had a class game, if we could just move the ball quicker and get on the front foot more, we'll cause any side problems in this league.It is what it is, hopefully we can do enough to get out, I think we will.

Harness is a raw talent, like Jamal Lowe was before he all of a sudden got too big for the club and went to (LOL) Wigan. He'll be alright and develop, so long as he doesn't get injured.

I'm always surprised the effect MacGeady has for you considering his age, he's the modern day Dave Mackay.
You will have a few scratching their heads there mate.

Fair play mate. We had 2 shots on target and scored from them both. You played us off the park first half hour. Love the posters on here saying we battered you 😄 we never had a shot in the second half. We were awful, so were you, neither team will finish automatic promotion.
Sorry but your talking shite, they were big, strong and physical, which we struggled with all game , but they are as tough a team as it gets in this league, both teams cancelled each other out. Them and us will be right up there all season.

From what I heard on the radio, we had the best of the first 25 minutes. But you deservered it overall, 2-1 probably a fair result.

Like all the others in the last season, it was a close game and think either side could have won it. I think you should be as worried about Marquis as we are about Grigg, £2.5 million each for those two strikers and they both look awful....Having said that would keep Grigg over Marquis as I literally could not stand having someone who loves his hair that much in our team, its cringey as fuck.

Ginger was clearly illustrating how the big gobbed football fan should not cheer until the final whistle, in case it comes back to haunt you. I always remain still at FP until the final whistle, at which point I unleash firebombs into the small crowd opposite, usually Accrington or Hartlepool or someone else non consequential, and then actively jump them, stab them , beat them and make their long journey down and back up on a cold Tuesday night as miserable as possible.

Last edited:
Sorry but your talking shite, they were big, strong and physical, which we struggled with all game , but they are as tough a team as it gets in this league, both teams cancelled each other out. Them and us will be right up there all season.

This, there has been nowt between us over the last 6 games and think both teams probably know they are in for a real battle during these games.

You went 1-0 up and sang you're f***ing shit. Then got battered for 60 minutes and lost 2-1.

That did make me laugh. As well as singing about libraries and how the pompey boys make all the noise everywhere they go, only to go very quiet after half time with pretty much nowt apart from a couple of half hearted "play up pompey" chants. I don't mind them as much as some, my hatred in this league is reserved for Coventry after last season, but I enjoyed hearing them all quiet, and I like the fact they still won't be home

You sound reasonable but there was a higher than average proportion of your fans that acted like complete twats last season.

Didnt today, well behaved in stadium and had a chat on to a few on way back to the coaches. Hopefully all this animosity has been buried with last season, Portsmouth have never been a rival for us, never will be, its only been created by some bizarre twist of fate that saw us play each other 5 times and us being the only "big" clubs in league 1 last season.

You went 1-0 up and sang you're f***ing shit. Then got battered for 60 minutes and lost 2-1.
I must have been at a different match because no way did we batter them fo 60 mins...I’d say second half was 50/50

From what I heard on the radio, we had the best of the first 25 minutes. But you deservered it overall, 2-1 probably a fair result.

Fair play to the 800 lads who came up - my mate who’s a steward said they were expecting up to 1100 with match day sales. In this division to bring that many away for a mid day kick off eight hours drive away is dedication.

Is this a 'who can virtue signal the longest and hardest' competition?
Wigan man. No disrespect to them but it shows where both our clubs ar at right now when this is what happens.

It all comes down to his exposure at a higher league, and more cash to spunk away. Very sad that neither of our teams are there yet. Eisner has the money to spunk on premier league wages, but he won't do it - it is almost like he is trying to change the nature of the beast. Good luck with that. Secrretly, I think he knows he got a good deal for Pompey and will sell up ASAP when the time suits he has already made more than he paid for the club, and his fee for buying the club worked out to be roughly the land cost of the pitch, yet he got the pitch, the stands, the players, who he has since profited around 8 million from. I tried telling the other Pompey fans this, and they all have hopes of glory in their feeble f***ing minds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back