Well Done Sunderland Council

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a crying shame looking at that land on the schematics. Plenty of opportunity to develop outstanding developments there.

Just needs a bit of vision, not the muppet architects who’ve came up with that shit scheme.

That development reminds me of Some of the developments near the byker wall. They will age very badly.

I agree 100%.
They've still got a duty of care though to clean the streets.
I've never seen the town look like it does now, it's shocking.
Try driving around Newcastle.

It’s got to the stage where even the bin men don’t empty bins properly.

My daily routine getting in from work is to pick litter up from the driveway.

Drive up the west road and the locals must just open the window and fuck it out on the street

I agree 100%.
They've still got a duty of care though to clean the streets.
I've never seen the town look like it does now, it's shocking.
Indeed, but I can't get my head around anyone just throwing rubbish on the ground.Why make where you live a shit hole?

Boils my piss as I am sure it does yours, especially the amount of rubbish you see in fields and grassland.

Don’t know where to start with this

• They aren’t finishing Vaux, so god knows why they’re doing this
  • It’s a shithole, and will end up like the echo building
  • They aren’t finishing seaburn because they’ve gone bust
  • We’re headed for league 1 so I doubt many people will visit the stadium
Capita are a certainty to get the contract.

Don’t know where to start with this

• They aren’t finishing Vaux, so god knows why they’re doing this
  • It’s a shithole, and will end up like the echo building
  • They aren’t finishing seaburn because they’ve gone bust
  • We’re headed for league 1 so I doubt many people will visit the stadium

Oh my word

We were flattening those types of house back in the 80’s (Barclay ct,Dame dot) as they were shite frequented by mainly varmits.Yet some hipster with a skin tight suit on thinks it’s a good idea to hark back to those days ffs.

We were flattening those types of house back in the 80’s (Barclay ct,Dame dot) as they were shite frequented by mainly varmits.Yet some hipster with a skin tight suit on thinks it’s a good idea to hark back to those days ffs.

Maybe build some modern high density housing in a riverside setting that's evocative of an earlier age...could call it something like The Garths

Try driving around Newcastle.

It’s got to the stage where even the bin men don’t empty bins properly.

My daily routine getting in from work is to pick litter up from the driveway.

Drive up the west road and the locals must just open the window and fuck it out on the street
I heard Newcastle are planning to introduce communal bins. Disastrous if true

Maybe build some modern high density housing in a riverside setting that's evocative of an earlier age...could call it something like The Garths
The Malings mate

I look forward too walking around the new area in 2056 am sure the students and hipsters will be happy. But on a serious note hope something happens to the area around the Riverside soon it's a dumping ground, surrounded by daft lads who get pissed in the street at 2pm and smash the bottles.

Can't believe no one has asked about a footbridge over the river to the Vaux site
If they did remove pedestrians off the bridge there could be canter levers put on and double the capacity of the bridge.
It might stop people trying to take their lives on it too

Its good news. Hopefully they can use the land to extend the city centre to the north bank.
With it being an industrial park it would have been a good opportunity to build some tall landmark buildings that Sunderland lacks.
The ambition of the spirit of Sunderland building on holmeside was great but sadly never got started.
These are smaller scale but at least its fits in with the dogma of getting more people living and working in the city centre.
Its a shame they dont build right up to the riveredge like they do on the south side of the river or further up river. It would make the riverside feel less "off-limits" if there's people living around it.
Property built on the banks of the waterways around the world command massive money and would look topper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back