Well Done Sunderland Council

I expect to be able to see some noticeable difference.

No plant vehicles on site, building looks exactly the same.

When will it all be finished and we can use the new development. Could you give me an estimate of a year?

Exactly, it’s either they don’t realise how bad they are or are trying to fool us. We’re being left behind as a city, I would never dream of bring business visitors here. Kills me to book st James for meetings but what’s the choice???

Whats wrong with booking the SoL for meetings? It's in far better nick than the ones at Sid James.

If you really do that, then you are part of the problem & dont want the city to prosper. What's wrong with the SoL?
I tried it mate, was a complete disaster. Service was like something from a work experience team. Was told to phone if we needed anything, the phone didn’t work in the room we had, we found a phone in a nearby room but no-one answered. The food didn’t come at the time we agreed, when it did it was poor. The mags have a professional setup as much as it pains me to admit it.

I really want the city to prosper but it also has to live in the real world. We’re a million miles behind a lot of other cities we should be completing with and we not going to catch up by going slower.

We opened new offices at one of the Newcastle business parks, I would have loved to have considered Vaux but it’s just not viable. Even when it’s finished it just so below par with any sort of vision.

When I point this out, anyone who supports the council just doesn’t want to know, saying things like do you expect us to complete with London. Actually for Vaux, I’d like us to come up with some stunning architecture as a centrepiece for the city built in less than 18 years, not a single 1980 box. Is that to much to ask, if it is then me and lots of others will not invest in the city.

He has to be lying about St James’. The facilities and catering are crap there.
Just personal experience, the SoL was a disgrace.

I too speak from personal experience and in all the times I’ve used both venues, the experience you describe would be completely reversed. Even the mags I work with freely admit the infrastructure at the SOL is far superior, as is the catering and hospitality generally. NUFC used to have a female facilities manager, who once referred to me as a “f***ing Mackem”. Hardly very professional, I’m sure you will agree.

I tried it mate, was a complete disaster. Service was like something from a work experience team. Was told to phone if we needed anything, the phone didn’t work in the room we had, we found a phone in a nearby room but no-one answered. The food didn’t come at the time we agreed, when it did it was poor. The mags have a professional setup as much as it pains me to admit it.

I really want the city to prosper but it also has to live in the real world. We’re a million miles behind a lot of other cities we should be completing with and we not going to catch up by going slower.

We opened new offices at one of the Newcastle business parks, I would have loved to have considered Vaux but it’s just not viable. Even when it’s finished it just so below par with any sort of vision.

When I point this out, anyone who supports the council just doesn’t want to know, saying things like do you expect us to complete with London. Actually for Vaux, I’d like us to come up with some stunning architecture as a centrepiece for the city built in less than 18 years, not a single 1980 box. Is that to much to ask, if it is then me and lots of others will not invest in the city.

Nice post mate. I don't think the council worshippers understand that bussinesses in Sunderland do this. Your certainly not the first or will you be the last.
I've attended various functions at the sol and tbh I have mixed feelings sometimes good sometimes bad, which is the whole point, you can get away with it for a birthday or wedding but when it comes to bussiness the last thing you need is the stress of a badly run establishment. Only gonna get worse as well now we down.
I have also noticed the shouting from the roof tops about the engine rooms as quietly died out.

I too speak from personal experience and in all the times I’ve used both venues, the experience you describe would be completely reversed. Even the mags I work with freely admit the infrastructure at the SOL is far superior, as is the catering and hospitality generally. NUFC used to have a female facilities manager, who once referred to me as a “f***ing Mackem”. Hardly very professional, I’m sure you will agree.
Fair post, I’ve only ever had above average experiences there. The SoL was by far the worst, might have been a 1 off but didn’t feel that way. I had to chase for weeks to get a VAT invoice after the event. I’ve used a lot of football clubs for events and clubs not in the top 6, Derby, Brighton, Blackburn etc who were all a country mile better than Sunderland.

Fair post, I’ve only ever had above average experiences there. The SoL was by far the worst, might have been a 1 off but didn’t feel that way. I had to chase for weeks to get a VAT invoice after the event. I’ve used a lot of football clubs for events and clubs not in the top 6, Derby, Brighton, Blackburn etc who were all a country mile better than Sunderland.
Is that why many of them send there staff to SAFC to learn how to do it?

For the record, Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield are the worst I’ve experienced. Newcastle and Chelsea are down there too.

Back