Well Done Stewart Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would have been much easier to do nothing, watch Ross struggle and then sack him when he had absolutely no choice, blaming him. However he has taken a tough decision - putting himself in the firing line - then within a week has recruited someone who is best placed to deliver our short term objective of getting into the Championship. This is not a strategic 5 year move, it is an 18 month one.
Now people calling for Donald to go. You absolute idiots. He has done everything we have asked and wanted as fans so far. At the time most were happy with Ross as an up-and-coming-manager-of-the-future. All well and good but the NOW is more important. We need promotion first, then think about the next 3 years to get back to the PL.

Oh, and anyone who thinks getting MSD involved this year would make any difference knows nothing about finance or FFP. Their investment has nothing to do with this appointment.
I don't quite understand what SD has done for the club.
We ended last season in the worst position in the clubs history.
He didn't get the high earners off the wage bill they refused to play for us.
The 2 we had left we just had to give away.
The club is debt free because of Ellis Short
And if the managerial appointment doesn't go to plan and our attendances drop to 20000 like they did with Grayson the club will start losing money and we'll be stuck in this league for years to come.
I really hope I'm wrong , I'm not an SD hater I just think hes in over his head

Who cares and what relevance is his salary?
His salary largely equates to his worth. That has a direct impact on the team no? How good he is at being a manager?
I'm not saying direct correlation - but it is directional. We have gone for the cheapest choice because SD is looking after himself, not Sunderland.
I don't quite understand what SD has done for the club.
We ended last season in the worst position in the clubs history.
He didn't get the high earners off the wage bill they refused to play for us.
The 2 we had left we just had to give away.
The club is debt free because of Ellis Short
And if the managerial appointment doesn't go to plan and our attendances drop to 20000 like they did with Grayson the club will start losing money and we'll be stuck in this league for years to come.
I really hope I'm wrong , I'm not an SD hater I just think hes in over his head

It depends on what his objectives are. I think he is looking to turn a profit on his investment for as little cash spend as possible - its the only basis this appointment works.

Last edited:
It would have been much easier to do nothing, watch Ross struggle and then sack him when he had absolutely no choice, blaming him. However he has taken a tough decision - putting himself in the firing line - then within a week has recruited someone who is best placed to deliver our short term objective of getting into the Championship. This is not a strategic 5 year move, it is an 18 month one.
Now people calling for Donald to go. You absolute idiots. He has done everything we have asked and wanted as fans so far. At the time most were happy with Ross as an up-and-coming-manager-of-the-future. All well and good but the NOW is more important. We need promotion first, then think about the next 3 years to get back to the PL.

Oh, and anyone who thinks getting MSD involved this year would make any difference knows nothing about finance or FFP. Their investment has nothing to do with this appointment.
So are you saying that he was the best of the candidates allegedly in the frame for the job.? I'm sorry but I just don't see it.

It would have been much easier to do nothing, watch Ross struggle and then sack him when he had absolutely no choice, blaming him. However he has taken a tough decision - putting himself in the firing line - then within a week has recruited someone who is best placed to deliver our short term objective of getting into the Championship - Disagree totally, 2 promotions in 15 years. This is not a strategic 5 year move, it is an 18 month one. - It's 30 months...
Now people calling for Donald to go. You absolute idiots. He has done everything we have asked and wanted as fans so far - No he hasn't, we are 9th in League 1, he has failed miserably on the pitch since he arrived. At the time most were happy with Ross as an up-and-coming-manager-of-the-future - Again, absolute bollocks, 90% of us had never heard of him. All well and good but the NOW is more important. We need promotion first, then think about the next 3 years to get back to the PL.

Oh, and anyone who thinks getting MSD involved this year would make any difference knows nothing about finance or FFP - Rules don't apply in that sense in this division so investment in Jan would 100% have made a difference. Their investment has nothing to do with this appointment.
Done well to get so much happy clapping drivel into a paragraph so tidied for accuracy.

Mate... SD has made a pigs ear of this!

You've undermined your trolling mate.

Congratulating SD for sacking Ross and hiring Parkinson as a short term solution falls flat on its arse the second you scrutinise his record as an 'immediate impact' manager capable of getting us 70 points from 33 matches.

I don't think he's the man - but I pray to all deities known to man that I'm completely wrong.

Certainly not well done. Allegedly they say finance sorted but even that is as clear as muddy water. On the field and recruitment a mess. I’m also on the fence as to what they are saying about investment.The silence is deafening.

Certainly not well done. Allegedly they say finance sorted but even that is as clear as muddy water. On the field and recruitment a mess. I’m also on the fence as to what they are saying about investment.The silence is deafening.
Literally anyone could sort finances if you cut all spending, using Eastleigh as a template, and have 30k gates plus parachute. It’s like saying the tories sorted the deficit but ignoring the food banks

Thick as a submarine door. You clearly know nothing about “FFP” as it does not even exist in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back