Weird seaside towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoi! Outside! Now!

For such a large town it's done almost nothing to embrace it's sea front location. Well apart from the greasy spoon at the end of the promenade that's been there for years.
Decent enough high street but as you say there's nothing on the front.
Went up with my mates who were going to the golf at Carnoustie a few wks back. We were staying in perth so I thought I'd nip down to Kirkcaldy on the train to watch the Raith Hearts cup game. 230pm I was outside the ground wondering where everybody was....little did I know that it had been moved to East Fife's ground, a £20 taxi away! I went on the piss round Kirkaldy instead.

I do too, and I've been to many worse places, but you have to admit it is weird though. Smallest cathedral in the world. Crocodile Rock. Cafés from the 50s. Ferry dumps you in the middle of nowhere, miles from town.
Thanks for the like @Dinsdale, but I got Maryport mixed up with Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae!:oops::oops:
But it is genuinely weird!

Fleetwood, my nine year old son waited until we'd left for fear of upsetting the locals before declaring he didn't want to go back because it was desolate! Might make him go again this season though!
The Haven caravan park was something else, some class examples of parenting including one woman, catastrophically pissed, stumbling back to her caravan being chased by someone marginally less drunk imploring her to go back to the bar to collect her young children!

Silloth=Shithole.
booked a caravan there years back.
never been anywhere like it.
Sunny though! Although I've been half a dozen times and it's always rained.

Barrow in Furness. Not quite a tourist hot spot but a complete dump.
Went there for a friends birthday. Weird, weird people. Bloke behind our table necked a pint and then ate the pint pot.

Last edited:
Barmouth and a lot of Welsh seaside towns are very rough looking.

By the sea should be bright and happy, but apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back