Weird seaside towns

We were there last week and thought it was canny. Weather was amazing and we happened on a massive soul festival so the place was heaving. Quite enjoyed Dreamland, and the had the best ice cream in a shop in the Old Town. I’d go again.

Ramsgate on the other hand...

I had some decent dressed crab but I won’t be returning.

You’re about the fifth person to say to me about Ramsgate mind. A friend of a friend moved there from London and people who’ve been to visit him say it’s grim as fuck.

Warden Bay/Leysdown on the Isle of Sheppey is an absolute hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I'm not alone. Lot of people seem to love it, I just found it a bit depressing.

Amble's class man. I mean it's easy for me to say as I've got a few mates up there and have spent numerous days of my life stumbling about their place away with the fairies but I always get a proper nostalgic old village community feel whenever I visit. The main street is always packed in an age where everything is done via a remote, mobile phone or a computer and everyone knows everyone. Couple of proper traditional chippys, 2 or 3 real pubs within 50 yards of each other 20 odd miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life and plenty of proper MLFs who go home and away despite residing 50 miles who always look out for each other in amongst a sea of black and white fuckers.

Back