Weight Loss - Thread

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't help but daily weigh! Lost 1 1/2lbs the week just gone and today, second day into my second week I've dropped another half lb, very happy with myself.

I step on the scales most days while I'm making my breakfast (they're in the kitchen) but once a week I go to the Weigh House in Newcastle for my "official" weigh in which is the only one I count. I'm not even trying to lose or gain weight, I just find it fun. :oops:

Got a lad's weekend this weekend so know I'm going to out weight on but I'm pretty chilled about it as I know I can shift it again.

you're not going to gain much weight over a weekend, maybe a lb or two at most. it takes something like 3600 excess calories to gain a lb. you're not gonna come back having put on half a stone.

your diet has to be shocking over an extended period of time, the odd binge is all good.

I step on the scales most days while I'm making my breakfast (they're in the kitchen) but once a week I go to the Weigh House in Newcastle for my "official" weigh in which is the only one I count. I'm not even trying to lose or gain weight, I just find it fun. :oops:

:lol::lol:

You sound like Helena Bonham Carter in Fight club :lol:

It became habit when I was losing weight. :lol: I go on a Thursday so it's a good way of making sure I eat well Monday-Wednesday, otherwise I'd be far too tempted to slip back into old ways.

I accept that I'm a massive loser, btw. :lol:

Thought I would ask in here as it is weight loss related... What's a good amount of cardio to be doing when looking to lose weight I had been doing 3 days lifting weights and aiming for 4 cardio sessions a week but some people at had been telling me that was too much cardio and I shouldn't have to do any cardio. Are they right?

I struggle to believe i should do no cardio as I'm still fairly over weight at 14st 7lb and only 5 foot 10

Thought I would ask in here as it is weight loss related... What's a good amount of cardio to be doing when looking to lose weight I had been doing 3 days lifting weights and aiming for 4 cardio sessions a week but some people at had been telling me that was too much cardio and I shouldn't have to do any cardio. Are they right?

I struggle to believe i should do no cardio as I'm still fairly over weight at 14st 7lb and only 5 foot 10

Depends what your weight sessions are like, if they are heavy, do light cardio.

Depends what your weight sessions are like, if they are heavy, do light cardio.

I don't know if they are heavy or not I'm fairly new to gym work but I ache afterwards :lol:
an example of a chest and tri session is:

Dumbell chest press 3x8
Dumbell fly 2x8
incline dumbell press 3x8
incline dumbell fly 2x8
close grip bench press 1x5
wide grip bench press 1x5
Cable tricep pull down with rope 3x8
cable overhead tricep extension 3x8
single arm tricep cable extension 2x8

I would class that as heavy

I don't know if they are heavy or not I'm fairly new to gym work but I ache afterwards :lol:

Dumbell chest press 3x8
Dumbell fly 2x8
incline dumbell fly 2x8

Titus created something not too dis-similar to that for a lad he knows, and has him do a 15-20 minute walk. So, do something like that on top of it, you're doing a lot of work in that session.

Well I'm officially dead on 2 stone lighter than I was this time last year, feel proud, another 2 off and I'll be well happy with myself and will look a whole lot different to what I did last year.

Dumbell chest press 3x8
Dumbell fly 2x8
incline dumbell fly 2x8

That's a lot of unnecessary exercises mate, you could really condense that. As for cardio, it's a tool that needs to be applied to the individual. I've talked about it quite a few times on here, but here's a good video on it, hav a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmEJGR1_sZc&list=UU8fhb7upVSZ0q-zK5snR9BA&index=25

Cracking that. Keep it up mate.

Cheers mate, another 4 pounds gone since my last post. Will start slowing down as I lose more though I guess, still happy with myself.

Also, a few months back when I was doing a lot of cardio and no weight work I wasn't seeing much weight loss at all, I was eating healthy and doing lots of cardo.

Now I do every station on the multi gym, I started off at 3 sets to 8 reps but I've upped it each week, I'm now on 3 sets 10 reps, I'll up the weight next week and go back to 3/8. I do still do around an hours cardio but I only walk, I don't run, I'm not looking to gain fitness so I thought I'd leave it out untill I'm the weight I want then I'l improve that, but so far, I've seen a hell of a weight loss and difference in body.

Unless you are worried about fitness don't worry too much about cardio.

Great going mate, it's a good feeling seeing the scales go down isn't it.

Best feeling I've ever had. I really don't miss the junk food, I enjoy and look forward to going out and doing my exercises.. Enjoy my healthy meals.

looking for some advice, this thread seems a good place to ask..

in about a year leading up to last christmas i went from 17 stone down to 14, was just eating quite healthy and hitting the gym around 4 maybe 5 times a week (mostly running/walking/cycling/cross trainer) then xmas came and the cold weather, started putting the weight back on, almost a stone back on since xmas, however i still am eating pretty much the same stuff as before but was losing interest in the gym, just couldnt be arsed as was freezing cold all day at work and when i got home jusy wanted to stay in the warmth and fucked the gym off for a while, only going maybe once or twice a week, anyway have started to go back to my old routine and be a bit more strict however my weight just aint budging...any ideas what to do? quite pissed off about it all now like.

I've just weighed myself and I'm fuckin appalled. Diet from tomorrow. Need to shift 2 1/2 stone...

I've just weighed myself and I'm fuckin appalled. Diet from tomorrow. Need to shift 2 1/2 stone...

Same as I was last year, currently 2 and a half stone lighter as it is.. Not stopping.

looking for some advice, this thread seems a good place to ask..

in about a year leading up to last christmas i went from 17 stone down to 14, was just eating quite healthy and hitting the gym around 4 maybe 5 times a week (mostly running/walking/cycling/cross trainer) then xmas came and the cold weather, started putting the weight back on, almost a stone back on since xmas, however i still am eating pretty much the same stuff as before but was losing interest in the gym, just couldnt be arsed as was freezing cold all day at work and when i got home jusy wanted to stay in the warmth and fucked the gym off for a while, only going maybe once or twice a week, anyway have started to go back to my old routine and be a bit more strict however my weight just aint budging...any ideas what to do? quite pissed off about it all now like.

I'm far from an expert but with me it tends to happen phases. A couple of weeks I tend to stay around the same weight, then the next 2 it starts shifting. I don't do anything different, I just stick with it knowing it will go eventually. I'm agonisingly 3 or 4 pounds from my target and have been for a fortnight. I'm confident it will shift in a couple of weeks.

82kg on 1st of January, 76.7kg this morning which is the lowest I've been for a long while.

Not sure if it is an inconsistency, and I'll be up a kg or so by tomorrow, or whether it is the result of less weight lifting and more football now that the snow has fucked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back