Weight Loss Thread 2021

Down 10lb since the second week in January, and knocked 1.2 off my BMI according to the scales just from knocking the McDonalds, takeaways and Greggs on the head. Haven't been able to get out and about as much these last 2 weeks with work being busy so progress has slowed down. Ended up slipping and had a McDonalds for dinner and a take away for tea on Saturday and it's taken me until this morning to feel right, stomach really disagreed with them.

Just hit the 10lb lost mark this morning. Next target is another 1.5lbs to get below 17 stone and I''d like to get a total of a stone lost by mid-Feb.

Looks like it's going to be chucking down all weekend so not much chance of going for a walk

I lost 1.5 stone back between July-September last year but this really slowed down in the build up to Christmas and into January. I've been maintaining weight but not losing any more. I'll be making an effort to try and kick on again this month - ideally want to lose another 1.5 stone this year.

I've been impressed with how little I've been drinking over the past few weeks. Pubs being closed and no get togethers with friends have helped but I've still got some beer and wine left from what I bought for Xmas and New Year. My only moment of weakness was finishing off half a bottle of brandy one Friday night.

I've been impressed with how little I've been drinking over the past few weeks. Pubs being closed and no get togethers with friends have helped but I've still got some beer and wine left from what I bought for Xmas and New Year. My only moment of weakness was finishing off half a bottle of brandy one Friday night.

I've got half a bottle of Bailey's left. Cream and alcohol isn't exactly a diet food but I'm thinking Valentine's.....any excuse. 😁

I've just discovered this thread, hope it's not too late to join in?

Well done to you all for the weight losses so far, it's very motivational to read. 👏

I need to shift a few stone this year. Started Dry February and generally trying to eat better since 1st Feb. Was rather heavy 😱😳😱 but have so far dropped 3.5lbs. It's going to be a long old slog to get to my ideal weight.

I get to 6pm and think, time for a beer 😂

🤔🙄😁
I've just discovered this thread, hope it's not too late to join in?

Well done to you all for the weight losses so far, it's very motivational to read. 👏

I need to shift a few stone this year. Started Dry February and generally trying to eat better since 1st Feb. Was rather heavy 😱😳😱 but have so far dropped 3.5lbs. It's going to be a long old slog to get to my ideal weight.

Welcome to the thread all are welcome here no matter when you start or finish.

Try to set yourself smaller goals such as half a stone rather than your ultimate goal, it makes it easier to achieve. Baby steps.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Try to set yourself smaller goals such as half a stone rather than your ultimate goal, it makes it easier to achieve. Baby steps.

Good luck!

Even half a stone can feel like too big a mountain to climb. Might be easier to break in down into 1-2 lb steps over a period of a couple of weeks. Lose 1 pound on average each week and that's over 3.5 stone in a year. Far more sustainable than a crash diet where you lose stone in a month then put it all back on again. I probably have 4 stone to lose to get out of the obese BMI range but I want to do it by my birthday in summer 2022 which will be the Big 5-0. Yikes.

Even half a stone can feel like too big a mountain to climb. Might be easier to break in down into 1-2 lb steps over a period of a couple of weeks. Lose 1 pound on average each week and that's over 3.5 stone in a year. Far more sustainable than a crash diet where you lose stone in a month then put it all back on again. I probably have 4 stone to lose to get out of the obese BMI range but I want to do it by my birthday in summer 2022 which will be the Big 5-0. Yikes.

Good luck! My app is set up for me to lose a pound a week. Due to ill health I know some weeks I won't do it but as you say little and often is good.

Good luck! My app is set up for me to lose a pound a week. Due to ill health I know some weeks I won't do it but as you say little and often is good.

Yes, the idea of looking at the long term average is that it doesn't matter if you have an occasional bad week due to ill health, holiday or special occasion. Just keep on going.

215.75lb this morning compared to 220lb. I race on Zwift on Tuesdays and I always have a big loss on the Wednesday! If I don't booze this weekend I'll be doing well.

That half bottle contains about 1,500 calories so no problem if you eat nothing else that day.

But but what about my steak and chips and mushrooms and onions? 😁
Flat lined this week - fell a long way off the wagon over the weekend. Never mind - back on it now.

We all have those blips, I've got mine pencilled in for Valentine's then Shrove Tuesday. As you say the trick is to just get back on the wagon and continue. 👍

Last edited:

Back