Weight Loss Thread 2021

Down 15lbs now which is back to where I was last October.

Next major target is another stone before the end of March which will be a weight I haven't been since the summer of 2018.

I've been looking back at previous records I had of weight measurements (I'm a bit of a data nerd) and the upwards trend really started in June 2018 when I changed jobs from working on a big site where I'd easily do 12,000 steps a day and getting a proper meal at lunchtime to being in a small office where I'd be at my desk all day and constantly snacking. There was always someone bringing in cakes. The situation really didn't change when I switched to working from home last year - and if anything got worse as I would only be a few steps away from the fridge.

I know what you mean
I try my best
im69 shortly and not in good health to do excersise however I try to look after my diet the best I can
I drink but try to be sensible
walk 4/5 miles a day when weather permits
17st and if I let myself go would soon ballon to 19st again
we just keep trying
16 st 11 lb today
I’ve had no alcohol for 7 days maybe that has helped
however I’m still walking 4/5 miles a day
when I don’t fall down two times now
and it hurts when you land on your knee 1 hour ago

Is the lad who runs RH Fitness still on here? (Ritchie I think he is called)
I’m thinking of joining his group, I’ve put 3 stone on since lockdown started in March and im in a rut where I can’t lose anything, I have zero motivation, depression which I’ve had for years but it’s terrible at the moment, just had covid and an emergency operation! So to say I’m on the deck is a bit of an understatement!
Im wanting to make a start ASAP on getting things back in order and hoping his group/app/advice will help. Has anyone on here used it?
Thanks

I’m thinking of joining his group, I’ve put 3 stone on since lockdown started in March and im in a rut where I can’t lose anything, I have zero motivation, depression which I’ve had for years but it’s terrible at the moment, just had covid and an emergency operation! So to say I’m on the deck is a bit of an understatement!
Im wanting to make a start ASAP on getting things back in order and hoping his group/app/advice will help. Has anyone on here used it?
Thanks
@supersesh is who you want mate

Thanks

Hello mate, download MFP first, practice tracking ( dont follow what they recommend, far too low )
Hit 10/15k steps a day ( get a pedometer or Fitbit/Garmin etc )

Give that a go for a few weeks see what you're like with tracking and sticking to steps. If it's for you then give us a shout.

All the best pal

Hello mate, download MFP first, practice tracking ( dont follow what they recommend, far too low )
Hit 10/15k steps a day ( get a pedometer or Fitbit/Garmin etc )

Give that a go for a few weeks see what you're like with tracking and sticking to steps. If it's for you then give us a shout.

All the best pal

hello mate, thank you for the reply and advice.
I already have MFP and have used it in the past and Im ok with it. I must admit at the moment I’m not hitting 10/15k steps a day however I’m determined to make this change. It’s the calories etc I’m needing help with so I’m thinking it’s probably time I joined? Thanks again mate I appreciate the help and advice.

Started Jan 4th @ 265lbs, this morning I was 248.8. Was hoping to get to where I was this time last year (240lbs) by the end of Feb but looking like it won’t happen.
Might keep going to 225lbs which is lean for me
I think you should train to fight Ngannou instead of running marra.

Preparing and cooking everything you eat is key to weight loss. The physical, mental and spiritual need to sing from the same hymn sheet.

Apart from 5 mile walk on Saturday I didn't have a very healthy weekend.Feeling quite bloated today - must be that troublesome medical condition known as "wine retention"

Weather forecast is promising this week and now it's still light at 5pm there's more of an opportunity to an extra walk after finishing work. Finishing work at 5pm would be nice too...

After being poorly all week I wasn't hopeful at today's weigh in. There's something about a really sore throat which makes me eat anything and everything.

To my surprise I've lost a pound so I'm down to 11 stone 5 pounds. Probably next week's weigh in won't be so good but that's next week and for now I'm chuffed.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards! 💪

Back