Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im finished losing now. I’m at 12 and a half stone, my BMI is now under 25. I’m sticking to low carb, as I’m a (in remission) T2 diabetic so I need to be conscious of the carbs. I’ve relaxed a bit on the beer side - but still watching weight/carbs/glucose.

For years I’ve followed the low-fat mantra, devouring low fat high carb ‘diet’ foods and it was screwing me up. Turns out the food that’s pushed at us is over processed carb high and is partly responsible for the t2 epidemic. As far as long term goes, I’ve never gone full ‘keto’ which in my understanding is completely eliminating carbs. It’s good for weight loss, but not sustainable long term. And it wrecks your insides 😣

I can’t see me coming away from low carb anytime soon. Mind, I’m eating a lot more calorie dense stuff to maintain weight. Cheese, nuts, meats etc etc. It’s weird maintaining/losing weight eating stuff I’ve always tried to shy away from

Oh that's great. I've always had a high BMI. At it's peak when I was playing rugby and weight training. So I go more for how jeans fit than anything else. I lost 3lbs yesterday so I think it is safe to say I'm in ketosis. 8lbs since Sunday. Just had a massive plate of salad with seeds and scrambled eggs with cheese and mushrooms fried off with onions and bacon. Can hardly move 🤪

Im finished losing now. I’m at 12 and a half stone, my BMI is now under 25. I’m sticking to low carb, as I’m a (in remission) T2 diabetic so I need to be conscious of the carbs. I’ve relaxed a bit on the beer side - but still watching weight/carbs/glucose.

For years I’ve followed the low-fat mantra, devouring low fat high carb ‘diet’ foods and it was screwing me up. Turns out the food that’s pushed at us is over processed carb high and is partly responsible for the t2 epidemic. As far as long term goes, I’ve never gone full ‘keto’ which in my understanding is completely eliminating carbs. It’s good for weight loss, but not sustainable long term. And it wrecks your insides 😣

I can’t see me coming away from low carb anytime soon. Mind, I’m eating a lot more calorie dense stuff to maintain weight. Cheese, nuts, meats etc etc. It’s weird maintaining/losing weight eating stuff I’ve always tried to shy away from

Full keto is reaching the state of ketosis - most people who claim to be keto are just on a very low carb diet in reality. Link to a great podcast on the ketogenic diet for anyone interested:

I'm diabetic too (albeit type 1) and my control has improved so much since going low carb, I'm a big proponent now!

And congratulations on getting hold of the diabetes by the way at, absolutely fantastic achievement.

Last edited:
Feels an almost unfair weight loss to post this after my weekend shenanigans but I am 13st 9.25lbs, 4.75lbs down from last week. In real terms from my last proper weigh in, it’s 2.25lbs off, I’d already hit the booze last Thursday so that tweaked the figure somewhat.

Lowest weight of the year so far!

Been on the scales today for the first time in a while. I have put weight on in the last month but I am still under 12 stone. I think until I go back to work I am just going to aim at maintaining that. I'm getting a lot fitter but also boozing too much.

I seem to be hovering anywhere from 234 to 238lbs, so between 16 stone 10 and 17 stone flat. Still within my comfort zone, but a little weird considering I've done weights every day this week and only eaten c.2,300kcal each of those days - my maintenence is usually around 3,000kcal!

My body comp isn't as vascular obviously with not being able to fry the gym as usual, but I'm also not visibly getting fatter. Only thing I can think is I'm building new muscle?

Put 3 lb on this week, first week I've gained since January. Not surprised with the drink I've consumed though.

Back to weekend drinking only next week.

Been on the scales today for the first time in a while. I have put weight on in the last month but I am still under 12 stone. I think until I go back to work I am just going to aim at maintaining that. I'm getting a lot fitter but also boozing too much.
You wont be getting fitter if you're boozing too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back