Weight loss 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats nowt that marra, I was at 111 kg just after Christmas indulgence. I'm 6ft 2, getting down to your weight would be ideal for me. Running has helped loads for me, I used to hate it, but quite enjoying getting out in the open
Im probably 5ft8 i just need to lose a bit on my stomach haha its a double edged sword im in pain with my back and other things which doesn't motivate me to run but if i run it may help some of my problems.

Im probably 5ft8 i just need to lose a bit on my stomach haha its a double edged sword im in pain with my back and other things which doesn't motivate me to run but if i run it may help some of my problems.
Ive noticed a massive difference even after losing just a couple of kg.
Get out for a jog, I've found the running thread on here good motivation

Funny thing perspective, we are about the same height and we weigh about the same, but I’ve gone from 109kg to this weight!

Cheers. I think I’m the only person actively enjoying lockdown :lol:
I'm at the gym 6 or 7 days a week so its been a bit of a learning curve training at home. I've got sufficient weights DBS and barbell and also managed to get a pull up chin bar from aldi so I've done well. Adapting workouts has been quite smooth and I go out running 5 days too. Still at work (essential) and also just stopped eating meat so shopping has been different replacing it with plant based proteins. I've been great throughout however the last couple days I've felt an uneasy aura and a little deflated (bit negative) and I'm quite a positive person. I think the concerns of how the future pans out with unemployment and people feeling anxious and low has been playing with my mind so I need to get it back to its positive self. I think we all may need that positive reminder that things will improve gradually. Anyway well done keep up the hard work and keep me updated.

Thats nowt that marra, I was at 111 kg just after Christmas indulgence. I'm 6ft 2, getting down to your weight would be ideal for me. Running has helped loads for me, I used to hate it, but quite enjoying getting out in the open

Just about the same as me, 114kg (6ft 3) after xmas and new year. Running was really hard at first (always been a decent runner) but as the weight fell off, got better. I use mapmyrun to track how I'm getting on, the apps good, but the websites better as you can see what part of your run you struggle with.

With running and the diet, I'm down to 102kg now although the weight loss has startened to flatten out a bit.
My back used to cripple me when I first started, but as the weight come off, its gone now. Just do what you can, even 100yds is better than just sitting in a chair all day.

Last edited:
Just about the same as me, 114kg (6ft 3) after xmas and new year. Running was really hard at first (always been a decent runner) but as the weight fell off, got better. I use mapmyrun to track how I'm getting on, the apps good, but the websites better as you can see what part of your run you struggle with.

With running and the diet, I'm down to 102kg now although the weight loss has startened to flatten out a bit.

My back used to cripple me when I first started, but as the weight come off, its gone now. Just do what you can, even 100yds is better than just sitting in a chair all day.
I was 109kg start of last year, 96kg ish now. 6ft 2. Harder to lose weight. Much better runner.

Reactions: Red

Thats mint, I've just started running properly in Jan, building up my distance gradually. It's helped massively with my weight. Just need to keep on top of my diet now. I'm using strava to keep track of my runs

Reactions: Red
Was having a weekly kick about with lads from the old man v fat league. But obviously nowt since lockdown. Been enjoying me running like
I got some decent clothes i still want to fit in so iguess its losing half a stone and maintaining the weight which will be the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back