Weight loss 2018

A few people have said that. But our PR is quite hilly and I’d much rather run it when I’m ready. I could walk it right now but that doesn’t feel like an achievement. I do my training in the same park so I’m getting used to running up the big hill in short bits.
Fair enough. Do what you thinks best for you. You could get a new PB every week by starting off just walking it mind. ;)

First time I've ever tried to maintain weight and not only is it working, I've got more calories that I know what to do with :lol:

Beers , watching the match tonight as have to get them gone.

All the hard work pays off.

Got down to 13.1 but up to 13.11 today (couple bad weeks) diet with the lasses birthday etc but also reaching PB’s on all my exercises so hoping a couple pound of that is muscle.

Bench is currently 75kg (v light to some people but I struggled with 50kg a few month ago).

100kg squat.
Deadlift 110kg.

Started adding 2 & a half mile treadmill into every workout. 12 minute mile is my new best, never done cardio properly in all the time I’ve soent training!

Lost another 2 pound this week. And I'm meant to be maintaining. :lol:

Right where is the chocolate. Have more calories to consume.

Last week was 1900. 2000 this week.
No way is that enough. Have you worked out your BMR to see what your calories you would burn if you were asleep all day are? You'd be surprised - once you add in the exercise you're doing, or any description, I'd guess you need about 2400 to maintain weight if you've put any muscle on over the last while man. I eat 2600 a day for maintenance.

No way is that enough. Have you worked out your BMR to see what your calories you would burn if you were asleep all day are? You'd be surprised - once you add in the exercise you're doing, or any description, I'd guess you need about 2400 to maintain weight if you've put any muscle on over the last while man. I eat 2600 a day for maintenance.
Just used what my fitness pal said. Have a bit leeway as don't mind if I lose a few more. Guess some of it is trial and error.

Ok - Not posted in thread for some time fell of my diet and off the forum for 3 months or so went back up from 12 stone 2 lbs to 12 stone 10 lbs and was quite upset about it.

My medication had stopped working and I was also suffering from depression and panic attacks for a while due in part to some side affects from medication.

They (hospital) managed to get my drugs sorted by the middle of September and also issued new extra medication. Glad to say all working ok now and illness once again under control.

As a result of this managed to stop comfort eating and do without crisps and all other crap including fizzy drinks.

Went back on reduced portions of food and eating apples when hungry rather than crap. Managed to do a little walking.

But to be honest only recently realised and took on board that you can still lose weight if not exercising just slower.

Because I could do nothing I ate junk. Stupid really but got to be positive in mind and application to reap rewards.

Anyhow, as at today my weight is 11 stone 9.5...lets call it 10 lbs. So passed my 2nd weight target. 6 lbs to lose to hit my next target before end of December.

Will decide then if want to go lower or to maintain. In a happy place again. After a long time.

Ok - Not posted in thread for some time fell of my diet and off the forum for 3 months or so went back up from 12 stone 2 lbs to 12 stone 10 lbs and was quite upset about it.

My medication had stopped working and I was also suffering from depression and panic attacks for a while due in part to some side affects from medication.

They (hospital) managed to get my drugs sorted by the middle of September and also issued new extra medication. Glad to say all working ok now and illness once again under control.

As a result of this managed to stop comfort eating and do without crisps and all other crap including fizzy drinks.

Went back on reduced portions of food and eating apples when hungry rather than crap. Managed to do a little walking.

But to be honest only recently realised and took on board that you can still lose weight if not exercising just slower.

Because I could do nothing I ate junk. Stupid really but got to be positive in mind and application to reap rewards.

Anyhow, as at today my weight is 11 stone 9.5...lets call it 10 lbs. So passed my 2nd weight target. 6 lbs to lose to hit my next target before end of December.

Will decide then if want to go lower or to maintain. In a happy place again. After a long time.

Healthy body, happy mind. Well done

I weighed myself the other day and hit the target spot on, 80.0kg. Now I need to see if I can sustain it until Christmas. Given the weekend I had, I suspect not.

Dipped under 11st for the first time in years. It's been a steady decrease rather than anything daft, 1st 8lbs this year, but quite pleased considering I had to stop running in April and just started up again.
MyFitnessPal is key and being honest with every entry. Had a slight blip where I realised it had my standard day as being quite active as that was set when I was working full time. Once I changed that, it started coming off again.
I could still eat a bit healthier but I've had to cut out stuff like red meat anyway so that's probably helped.
Plan is to shift another half a stone and try and stay healthy so I can do the Sunderland Half Marathon again in May. Haven't been that weight since I came back from Oz 22 years ago so it's a big challenge.

Ok update......14 stone 10 lbs on 23rd Feb 2018. Started to eat healthy but had health problems and Operations, depression and medication not right on steroids.

Got helped by @becs till we lost touch and @Amber who has been a constant support over the last ten months and managed to provide the motivation and support to keep me going (we all need some support) and credit where due.

Thank you lasses, you have both been amazing. Especially @Amber who put up with a lot of my moods and shit.

I gave myself till 24th December 2018 to try and lose 3 stone. As of 20th November 2018, 3 days short of 9 months current weight is 11stone 5 lbs.

To date lost 3 stone 5 lbs. My next target is to lose another 7 lbs and then evaluate from there. Lost a lot of muscle tone, which now working at.

Still have a small pot belly to get rid of.......but now have a 33 inch waist from a 40 inch waist. Still a work in progress but pleased to date.

Medication ok....still have some medical issues, but much better than I was. Mood lots more positive. Now not 1 step forward and three back. Now if issues, 1 step forward 1 back and recovery again.

So progress. Anyhow just wanted to make my thanks to the lasses public, for their support and encouragement which kept me going through the dark periods.

Useful little tool that thanks. Only using light weights for toning at the moment.

But BMR Useful for calorie intake on about 2000 a day at the minute and burning 2500. So all good.

Last edited:
Ok update......14 stone 10 lbs on 23rd Feb 2018. Started to eat healthy but had health problems and Operations, depression and medication not right on steroids.

Got helped by @becs till we lost touch and @Amber who has been a constant support over the last ten months and managed to provide the motivation and support to keep me going (we all need some support) and credit where due.

Thank you lasses, you have both been amazing. Especially @Amber who put up with a lot of my moods and shit.

I gave myself till 24th December 2018 to try and lose 3 stone. As of 20th November 2018, 3 days short of 9 months current weight is 11stone 5 lbs.

To date lost 3 stone 5 lbs. My next target is to lose another 7 lbs and then evaluate from there. Lost a lot of muscle tone, which now working at.

Still have a small pot belly to get rid of.......but now have a 33 inch waist from a 40 inch waist. Still a work in progress but pleased to date.

Medication ok....still have some medical issues, but much better than I was. Mood lots more positive. Now not 1 step forward and three back. Now if issues, 1 step forward 1 back and recovery again.

So progress. Anyhow just wanted to make my thanks to the lasses public, for their support and encouragement which kept me going through the dark periods.

Useful little tool that thanks. Only using light weights for toning at the moment.

But BMR Useful for calorie intake on about 2000 a day at the minute and burning 2500. So all good.
That's f***ing fantastic man, amazing dedication to do that.

That's f***ing fantastic man, amazing dedication to do that.

Support network helps you achieve...those lasses were gold mind. Suported me through bad and bad times, they deserve credit for keeping me sane and for keep picking myself up and starting again.

Class acts man @Amber has had family issues over time, but still took time out to help me. A fact which I appreciate loads.

Support network helps you achieve...those lasses were gold mind. Suported me through bad and bad times, they deserve credit for keeping me sane and for keep picking myself up and starting again.

Class acts man @Amber has had family issues over time, but still took time out to help me. A fact which I appreciate loads.
That’s such a lovely post Jimmer and it was no hardship at all. If I helped even in the smallest way then I’m happy. Keep going my lovely friend, I know you can do it x

Back