Weight Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wore one of those pedometers for a week. Ave day I walked 17 mile. Then there's the gym. Cycling to work in the summer etc. Plus I lost a few meters of gut when I was a kid. Combine that with the fact I dee everything at a hundred miles an hour and I've a sneaky feeling I may be gliaden intolerant.

I've hovered around 8 stone for most of my life. 4 years ago decided to do something and hard gym work and 6,000 cal a day got me to 11 stone (took 2 year but I wasn't on the diet for all that time). I want another stone of lean mass and I'll be content.
:eek:

I'm aiming to put on a stone over the next 3 months as I lost a load of weight for my most recent marathon (and always been a skinny shit).

5ft 10 and at 10 stone dead now, prefer to get to 11st.

Eating a load of chicken, eggs, peanuts and tuna for protein and after reading West Ryder comments I'm gonna crack on with more carbs too (although usually have pasta / rice with evening meal and bread through the day.

Got a shipment of MAXIMUSCLE on the way :lol: Question though - do you take these only after a weights session, or just have one a day even if you're not gymming?

Still rowing and cycling a bit at the gym to keep the general fitness up :)

You're probably getting more than enough protein without whey powder by what you posted

A top tip for those who are too skint to buy whey protien, can't stand it, or simply realise it's a bit of a rip off.

Check out the ingredients in Tesco's own icecream.

I'm aiming to put on a stone over the next 3 months as I lost a load of weight for my most recent marathon (and always been a skinny shit).

5ft 10 and at 10 stone dead now, prefer to get to 11st.

Eating a load of chicken, eggs, peanuts and tuna for protein and after reading West Ryder comments I'm gonna crack on with more carbs too (although usually have pasta / rice with evening meal and bread through the day.

Got a shipment of MAXIMUSCLE on the way :lol: Question though - do you take these only after a weights session, or just have one a day even if you're not gymming?

Still rowing and cycling a bit at the gym to keep the general fitness up :)

How many days a week do you train?

Try and eat more carbs on these days, so for example of you train at tea time make sure you load up with carbs before and also make sure you get simple carbs with your protein after training.

If you're on a huge bulk there's nothing wrong with eating a lot of carbs on your off days too however depending on your needs and goals you could make your off days high protein days, it all works. Just see what your body requires mate.

Try the milk tip too if you just want something simple.

How many days a week do you train?

Try and eat more carbs on these days, so for example of you train at tea time make sure you load up with carbs before and also make sure you get simple carbs with your protein after training.

If you're on a huge bulk there's nothing wrong with eating a lot of carbs on your off days too however depending on your needs and goals you could make your off days high protein days, it all works. Just see what your body requires mate.

Try the milk tip too if you just want something simple.

I had some milk at dinner time today :-D although I had green semi skilled milk as blue fully skilled milk always seems a bit fatty to me.

Yeah 3 times a week at the gym. Trying to avoid shit like chocolate and fast food. I drink a lot of beer so need to steer clear of colaries/sugars elsewhere :neutral:

Some beasty walking that like!

I thought my 4,000-4,200 kcal was ridiculous :lol:

First week owa = 6lbs

I really am sick of stuffing me face though

9lbs in 2 weeks? Why are you trying to gain so much weight?

If the OP is coming off a diet then his weight will blow up due to water, glycogen and just having more food in his body, but if not, it's worth noting that it's not physiologically possibly to gain anywhere near 6lbs of lean tissue in a week

If the OP is coming off a diet then his weight will blow up due to water, glycogen and just having more food in his body, but if not, it's worth noting that it's not physiologically possibly to gain anywhere near 6lbs of lean tissue in a week

Am I right in thinking that the aim when lean bulking should be between 0.5lb-1lb per week?

Am I right in thinking that the aim when lean bulking should be between 0.5lb-1lb per week?

You can't set rough guidelines as everyone is different.

Your past nutritional and training habits as mentioned all have an effect and dictate your progress. It's all relative to the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back