Wear Beer

Pretty certain I’ll get in the Isis tonight, so the stout will be getting it’s debut in my face.

I’ve heard nothing but good reports, so there’ll be a digital outrage from me if it isn’t as good as you lot have made it out to be.
You may be disappointed still have the Darwin chocolate and vanilla stout on but doing my best to help get rid as it’s a quality pint.

@Longy

The Ship Isis FB page today saying :

Neon Raptor Brewing Co. "Total eclipse" 7.4% jaffa cake stout on currently.
Oooof. Jaffa Cake isn’t to my tastes, but Neon Raptor are really good. I’m sure I’ll manage a half :lol:
You may be disappointed still have the Darwin chocolate and vanilla stout on but doing my best to help get rid as it’s a quality pint.
No Wear Beer stout?! :cry:

Oooof. Jaffa Cake isn’t to my tastes, but Neon Raptor are really good. I’m sure I’ll manage a half :lol:

No Wear Beer stout?! :cry:

Not sure only three 'new' ones listed Wear beer not one those listed.

I suppose it depends upon if its been brewed lately and if so maybe it will replace the Darwin one if @safc6696 polishes that off!!

@Longy

The Ship Isis FB page today saying :

Neon Raptor Brewing Co. "Total eclipse" 7.4% jaffa cake stout on currently.
Just went off as I was getting served.

The Jaffa Cake stuff tastes wrong. Like, not Neon Raptor shite, taste like washing up liquid they’ve done something wrong shite.

The Jaffa Cake stuff tastes wrong. Like, not Neon Raptor shite, taste like washing up liquid they’ve done something wrong shite.
Update. Literally missed out on the last splurts of Darwin Brewery as they were trying to pull my half.

However they’ve got the Wear Beer Stout back on. I can confirm it’s great. Something so simple done very well.

Last edited:

Update. Literally missed out on the last splurts of Darwin Brewery as they were trying to pull my half.

However they’ve got the Wear Beer Stout back on. I can confirm it’s great. Something so simple done very well.

Apart from maybe coffee I'd pretty much always choose an adjunct free Stout over one with lots of daft additions. Whilst a lot do work, just let me have a nice roasty dry stout.

Out in Sunderland tomorrow but not expecting to get anywhere for decent beer. More likely the Rabbit than the Isis :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The first year they brewed it (2019 I think) it was amazing, it’s been awful since imo. Nee idea why they keep making it but someone must like it.

The first year they brewed it (2019 I think) it was amazing, it’s been awful since imo. Nee idea why they keep making it but someone must like it.
It can’t have been Neon Raptor. I gave it to owa lass & asked her to taste it. Didn’t tell her anything before. She pulled a face & said “it tastes like washing up liquid”.

Didn’t tell them or complain mind, so it’s on me

Sunderland's Wear Beer micro brewery astounded after legal threat over logo from Mercedes-Benz' lawyers.

A brewer has been left perplexed after a threat of legal action from lawyers representing Mercedes-Benz over the logo for his micro brewery.

Ridiculous that it came to this.

Hopefully the publicity will be good for the brewery though and they can still use the logo but not register it.

“I understand, from what I’ve read in the press, that they’re not taking it any further. So I’m not going to register the logo, but still use it. As I understand it they would have to send a ‘cease and desist’ letter.
“It would have been nice if they’d responded to my email.”
The ensuing publicity from the affair has, ironically, given the Wear Beer logo a national profile.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com › business › sunderland-brewery-drops-logo-registration...

Sunderland brewery drops logo registration after Mercedes-Benz legal letter

Sunderland brewery drops logo registration after Mercedes-Benz legal letter A micro-brewery has withdrawn its application to register its logo, following objections from car giant...
The Wear beer bitter was quality in the Mortal Hound post match.

Last edited:

Back