Wear Beer

Couldn't see any thread or posts about this.

Sunderland's newest brewery, operating out of the Isis.

First beers on now in Isis and museum vaults. Will be on in the Ivy too if not already.

I've tried the pale and it's very good. Good luck to them, can't have too many good craft breweries and places selling it.
The most Mackem two words in the known universe.

EXCELLENT😃

Couldn't see any thread or posts about this.

Sunderland's newest brewery, operating out of the Isis.

First beers on now in Isis and museum vaults. Will be on in the Ivy too if not already.

I've tried the pale and it's very good. Good luck to them, can't have too many good craft breweries and places selling it.

Thanks for the heads up I wonder if they do a stout?

I'll have to pop into the Ship Isis.

Six Sunderland breweries now

Blockyard
Darwin
Maxim
North Pier
Vaux
Wear Beer

😎

Thanks for the heads up I wonder if they do a stout?

I'll have to pop into the Ship Isis.

Six Sunderland breweries now

Blockyard
Darwin
Maxim
North Pier
Vaux
Wear Beer

😎
They have a best bitter and a pale ale out at the moment. Have a stout in production now.

On their Instagram.

Darwin is a North Shields brewery now, they moved.

It will surprise absolutely no one that @Ambivalent Dave has tried it already. What's the story here? Who's brewing it?
😃 had their experimental pale last night in the Isis, tell you what - for a brand new brewer it’s ok. A very decent sessionable beer. The bitter is on next door in the Vaults - will have a look in the next day or two.

Yeah, they’re operating out of the Isis basement - like I needed any reason to like the place any more :lol:

Talking to Chris in there, he said the lad had brewed a 5%ish hazy ipa yesterday, so that’s in the pipeline.

Dunno who the brewer is, but I’ll find out 😎

They have a best bitter and a pale ale out at the moment. Have a stout in production now.

On their Instagram.

Darwin is a North Shields brewery now, they moved.

I believe Darwin still have a base at Sunderland Enterprise Park north side of the Alex. bridge as well where students brew ales there?

They were also supposed to be opening before home match selling beers?

I believe Darwin still have a base at Sunderland Enterprise Park north side of the Alex. bridge as well where students brew ales there?

They were also supposed to be opening before home match selling beers?

Darwin brewery has moved to North Shields, Gav the brewer left Brewlab and took the name with him

Brewlab is the training facility and have the taproom you mentioned and the brewery is called Brewlab Brews

Great to see the growth in brewing in Sunderland

Don't think it's the best name tbh

"Wear beer, tastes like it's straight out of the river"

That's the least of the problems of the name, there's also the other meaning of Wear which most people outside the region will read it as, if they ever wanted to expand. Personally I'd rather not wear beer as it's only usually when pricks throw it.

Last edited:

Back