We will struggle next season.

We need to get some experienced championship players not these 17-20 year old players from obscure countries that may sell for a profit in 5 years time. We need players for the now
The frustration is those experiences players are a massive influence on young players and will help us develop the model to actually work.

As bad as our coaches have been since mowbray They're getting hoyed under the bus by speakman. You can't tell me that Pritchard and Gooch or Batth wouldn't have been a huge improvement on aouchiche and hjelde today
Maybe I was in a good mood, but I thought we were decent today. Of course, we are lacking in key positions, but most things went okay. Really, we looked exactly like a mid-table side.
A decent striker and we'd have won that, probably comfortably.

This is why it's so f***ing shit, because it's so obvious but we've spent over three years (?!) not being able to bring in a decent striker

Last edited:
We’ll have a new manager, a decent striker and some other additions. Looking forward to it
Based on what?
Maybe I was in a good mood, but I thought we were decent today. Of course, we are lacking in key positions, but most things went okay. Really, we looked exactly like a mid-table side.
We did, but that’s with Clarke. The last 7/8 games without him are the bigger indicator for next season. Scary
We did, but that’s with Clarke. The last 7/8 games without him are the bigger indicator for next season. Scary
We will hopefully have a good promising new manager, play sexy football, get 2 good strikers in and a good cb and cm...ideally hold onto Clarke and get amad in.
is that a pig I see flying past? 😂😂

0% of that happening

Last edited:
Coming half way next season would be a win for me. We’ve gone backwards alarmingly this season, there’s apathy from the fan base and the owners have managed to lose bundles of goodwill that was in the bag.

We don’t have the budget to compete top end sadly I think that’s obvious. So spending what little you have much better than we have is now crucial.

Big couple of months ahead.

DoF seems to be the way all clubs are going but most clubs DoF don’t have a remit to just sign children and a veto on paying for competent forwards
How do you know that remit is his and not KLD's remit and speakman is then responsible to find said remit players but on a miminum budget?

We’re struggling this season let alone next

Mind least yesterday was a marked improvement on Monday just couldn’t score

Just as well Mowbray left us with enough points for another season in the championship others-wise defitnley bum twitching time

Dodds knows he’s not good enough for the head coach role yet but he’s covering for Speakman’s failures until the end of the season. We’re incredibly fortunate to have enough points on the board to stay up before he decided to dismantle a great opportunity to push for promotion.

The last couple of months have shown how thin we are on quality and with Clarke likely to leave in the summer it’s unlikely we’ll have enough come August to be confident of being safe next season.

Two golden opportunities in the last couple of seasons pissed straight up the wall.

We will struggle every season with owners like these, one step forward , two steps back, rinse and repeat. There is no way forward. Money talks, especially in football and the wiser you spend it the more it works.why oh why did we get owners such as these, notice the stats have gone quiet money as little as possible is all that is left.

Last edited:
Grow up man. Anyone who thinks KLD is the issue knows absolutely fuck all about football.
It's his directive speakman is enforcing. Our wage budget and transfer fees are dictated by KLD
Speakman gets all the stick, some of which is rightfully deserved but is only working to tight budgets and KLDs requests.
There's plenty of issues off the pitch also which is also under his watch as owner

Getting a striker who’s better than this year’s efforts will happen, it’s not possible to do worse. So we will be better in that department.

But Clarke going will obviously be a huge blow. And once he leaves how many of the other better players will think this club hasn’t got ambition to get to the PL I’ll need to head somewhere else to pursue that ambition.

As things stand we are relegation certainties imo. If the bulk of the squad remains the same and the likes of Hjeld are regulars with Hemir and Rusyn around the first 11 we are fucked.
If we can keep Patterson Alese with a rocket up Neil Ekwah and Roberts and somehow keep Clarke then the rest can really just be replaced. We need at least 6 newcomers ready to play from the off

Back