We were shite for an hour, but bloody ref Stroud was crap for 98 minutes

I saw us make three perfectly fair tackles and got punished for fouls by Stroud. I saw Stroud repeatedly let the Swansea keeper take the utter piss out of him. He was wasting over 40 seconds for every two kicks he was making and there was loads. I feel like the keeper wasted 5 mins alone so the added time was astonishingly low.

A terrible referee and I'll never understand how he gets a job.

Think he decided in advance Hume wasn't going to make it and had decided a yellow before the tackle

Deffo blew the whistle before the tackle so I assumed he was pulling the shirt pull then proceeded to book Hume. The man is a grade A berk, but it’s zero excuse for our performance today.

I saw us make three perfectly fair tackles and got punished for fouls by Stroud. I saw Stroud repeatedly let the Swansea keeper take the utter piss out of him. He was wasting over 40 seconds for every two kicks he was making and there was loads. I feel like the keeper wasted 5 mins alone so the added time was astonishingly low.

A terrible referee and I'll never understand how he gets a job.
He's high up in the hierarchy of Bedfordshire FA, and has a bulletproof arse as a result.

Think it was too far out to be a clear opportunity. But that's clearly what Swansea wanted and then it all kicked off.
I’m not sure. Didn’t go today due to illness so got a good few replays and he wasn’t far outside the box and onien was miles back. Not sure if you’ve seen it back?

I’m not sure. Didn’t go today due to illness so got a good few replays and he wasn’t far outside the box and onien was miles back. Not sure if you’ve seen it back?
From the North Stand it looked half way into the half, if you see what I mean, and their player wasn't running at the goal, but more diagonally. All opinion I suppose.

Typical Stroud. The best you can say about him is that he's shite for both sides. How the fuck Hume got booked for a perfect tackle is beyond me.

Was Hume's booking the melee just before half time? It was O'Nien who was penalised, the ref made it clear it was for the initial foul.

Also, was our goal a foul in the first place? Looked soft.

Was Hume's booking the melee just before half time? It was O'Nien who was penalised, the ref made it clear it was for the initial foul.

Also, was our goal a foul in the first place? Looked soft.
Looked like he waved the yellow at Trai though. And I'm not sure he was really involved in the melee.

Last edited:
I know we were very poor, the initial tactics, the non existent attack till 4.15, suicidal passes around our box, Swansea targeting our weak point (left back), etc
But, Mr Stroud was at his useless best all afternoon, free kicks for nothing, playing on yellow card challenges, booking Hume, not clamping down on time wasting. Should have been at least 8 minutes added, during the 5, he issued 3 bookings and lectured each one, they took almost 2 minutes, then blows for f/t with less than 1 minute added to the 5.
If I was a player I could not shake hands with him at the end
Let that fight start with Pierre too

Back