We were shite for an hour, but bloody ref Stroud was crap for 98 minutes

SAFC1962

Winger
I know we were very poor, the initial tactics, the non existent attack till 4.15, suicidal passes around our box, Swansea targeting our weak point (left back), etc
But, Mr Stroud was at his useless best all afternoon, free kicks for nothing, playing on yellow card challenges, booking Hume, not clamping down on time wasting. Should have been at least 8 minutes added, during the 5, he issued 3 bookings and lectured each one, they took almost 2 minutes, then blows for f/t with less than 1 minute added to the 5.
If I was a player I could not shake hands with him at the end

I know we were very poor, the initial tactics, the non existent attack till 4.15, suicidal passes around our box, Swansea targeting our weak point (left back), etc
But, Mr Stroud was at his useless best all afternoon, free kicks for nothing, playing on yellow card challenges, booking Hume, not clamping down on time wasting. Should have been at least 8 minutes added, during the 5, he issued 3 bookings and lectured each one, they took almost 2 minutes, then blows for f/t with less than 1 minute added to the 5.
If I was a player I could not shake hands with him at the end
The time wasting thing frustrates me so much. At the start of the season we were supposedly copying the World Cup principles of adding more lost time on. It was double figures in a lot of games. The refs and their bosses told us this was here to stay. 6 months later and we’re just back to how it was. Regardless of what happens the refs just pick either 4 or 5 minutes every week. I bet even the substitutions alone came to well over 5 mins today. Then you have their keeper taking an age on GKs, fake injuries and the painfully slow walk back to their half after scoring.

Typical Stroud. The best you can say about him is that he's shite for both sides. How the fuck Hume got booked for a perfect tackle is beyond me.

Was that the one where he blew for that ‘foul’ but then the free kick was taken from about 15 yards further back and both sets of players were surrounding him wondering wtf was going on?

Couldn’t really tell what was happening from the South Stand other than it looked like chaos.

Was that the one where he blew for that ‘foul’ but then the free kick was taken from about 15 yards further back and both sets of players were surrounding him wondering wtf was going on?

Couldn’t really tell what was happening from the South Stand other than it looked like chaos.
That's the one. Books Hume and then two of theirs for dissent.

Typical Stroud. The best you can say about him is that he's shite for both sides. How the fuck Hume got booked for a perfect tackle is beyond me.
Stupidest part of that is that if he gives a foul he has to send Hume off.

I think he gave the shirt pull by onien and booked the wrong player.

Only explanation I could find on TV was that he gave the shirt pull by onien, brought it back for that then booked the wrong player as he’s an idiot. If he gives Humes as the foul, it has to be a red card

Stupidest part of that is that if he gives a foul he has to send Hume off.

I think he gave the shirt pull by onien and booked the wrong player.

Only explanation I could find on TV was that he gave the shirt pull by onien, brought it back for that then booked the wrong player as he’s an idiot. If he gives Humes as the foul, it has to be a red card
Think it was too far out to be a clear opportunity. But that's clearly what Swansea wanted and then it all kicked off.

Back