We want Dreyfus out.

The uncomfortable truth people don’t want to realise is that KLD can’t/wont fund the club long term. He wants it to run itself- a big sale every summer to cover the costs. That does not work in the Championship (ironically it does in the Premier League). Everything is on a shoe string because he doesn’t want to spend- if we were being sustainable we would be developing other revenue streams like the concourses or the merchandise, but if he had his way, the club shop would be open once a week.
People say a new owner could be worse, but they also could be better. The sad truth is under KLD, we will always tread water as he can’t/wont pay for a ‘proper go’.
Exactly this.

Unless he has a rethink on the direction in which he wants to proceed (on the football side of the business) we'll never progress, nor will we win promotion to the top division.

If he wants to continue with 'the model' it really needs to be tweaked, to allow us to bring in a bit of much needed experience.
He also needs to spend money if need be, to bring in the quality necessary to give the young lads a helping hand on the pitch.

We are desperately short of quality and experience in some key areas of the pitch, and unless we do something to address these issues, we'll never reach the Premier League, and we'll be forever 'plodding on' in this division (or lower)

The child needs to make a decision. Does he take the bull by the horns and let a manager make decisions on players that will fit his system of playing? And bring in his trusted coaching team or stick with a salesman like speakman who is absolutely clueless and stealing a wage from the club.

Short had good intentions, chucked money at it but failed due to people in positions like speakman. This position works at top, top clubs. Not in the championship
Nobody gives a manager free rein anymore. Certainly not at the top level. The DoF decides on system and players and coaches recruited to fit.

The alternative is what we used to have, where you have to rebuild an entire squad every time the manager changes Expensive and disruptive.

Things were better under short than they were under stewart Donald
Things were better under the Murray years than the drumaville
The exception is things are better now than they were under Stewart Donald

The worry is we have a repeat of a situation where people celebrate an owner leaving with no credible idea what happens afterwards
Did you miss the bit where I said with the exception of madrox (a thrid of whom are still part of the current ownership)?

Things weren't better under Murray than drummaville. We'd just been relegated with 16 points. A 5th relegation under him. The mood was beyond toxic.

An owner improving on the worst ownership in our history should not be benchmark for what to aim for.

The accepting of some of the almost shameful job the current owners have presided over the past 12 months is something else.

Nobody gives a manager free rein anymore. Certainly not at the top level. The DoF decides on system and players and coaches recruited to fit.

The alternative is what we used to have, where you have to rebuild an entire squad every time the manager changes Expensive and disruptive.
There’s a massive difference between the manager having a say and the final call and having free rein completely; Mowbray clearly didn’t want Rusyn and we can see why. Alex Neil and Tony Mowbray both made comments, and I know Beale didn’t off camera as well about the recruitment, what is the common denominator here?

Did you miss the bit where I said with the exception of madrox (a thrid of whom are still part of the current ownership)?

Things weren't better under Murray than drummaville. We'd just been relegated with 16 points. A 5th relegation under him. The mood was beyond toxic.

An owner improving on the worst ownership in our history should not be benchmark for what to aim for.

The accepting of some of the almost shameful job the current owners have presided over the past 12 months is something else.

If that was the case we would progressively better now than we were under bob Murray……because we’d have had several upgrades each time. But we’re not. We’re in an arguably worse situation to when the club was sold Drumaville. And along the way there’s every chance the club will end up with another owner no money. I know people want to gloss over the Madrox episode but people celebrated Stewart Donald’s and Charlie Methvens arrival, only for them to become the villains in a small time scale.
It’s no coincidence the club’s most successful time since moving to the sol, was when there was more stability ie Reid and Murray. We weren’t having season where there’s 3 different managers in a year, changing this changing that. Plus we’re at a point where the club is being forced to live within its means with the profit and sustainability rules, so the emphasis needs to be on business growth

Sometimes change is necessary but often it’s not always correct

If that was the case we would progressively better now than we were under bob Murray……because we’d have had several upgrades each time. But we’re not. We’re in an arguably worse situation to when the club was sold Drumaville. And along the way there’s every chance the club will end up with another owner no money. I know people want to gloss over the Madrox episode but people celebrated Stewart Donald’s and Charlie Methvens arrival, only for them to become the villains in a small time scale.
It’s no coincidence the club’s most successful time since moving to the sol, was when there was more stability ie Reid and Murray. We weren’t having season where there’s 3 different managers in a year, changing this changing that. Plus we’re at a point where the club is being forced to live within its means with the profit and sustainability rules, so the emphasis needs to be on business growth

Sometimes change is necessary but often it’s not always correct
That's just an illogical argument re. Drummaville. We regressed significantly when Ellis short decided to sack it off and then when he sold to madrox in a deal that didn't put the clubs interests first.

Stability is fine as long as the club is progressing. We haven't been doing that for the past 12 months. The total opposite. And psr is a total smokescreen as we have huge wiggle room within those rules to spend more money.

There is a risk with changing owners. But there is also significant risk with these two staying on imo.

That's just an illogical argument re. Drummaville. We regressed significantly when Ellis short decided to sack it off and then when he sold to madrox in a deal that didn't put the clubs interests first.

Stability is fine as long as the club is progressing. We haven't been doing that for the past 12 months. The total opposite. And psr is a total smokescreen as we have huge wiggle room within those rules to spend more money.

There is a risk with changing owners. But there is also significant risk with these two staying on imo.

Ok fair enough, so if change is to happen it begs the logical question, who is the successor to KLD? Genuine question, if one goes out, who comes in?

Slow footballing demise under our present ownership,with the aim to get to the land of mediocrity year on year on year.....fiscally afloat im am sure but depressing non the less.......this is one choice and selling to someone else is another.....selling involves risk as we might get the clown ownership or the carpetbaggers picking at our bones but we might strike it lucky for once who might get owners who have a funded plan to get to the riches of the prem!..We will get nowhere near the prem under our present owners unless they change their approach but they appear dogmatic in sticking rigidly to the model and that will be our collective downfall .Some one here will be happy with staying mid table championship forever and given the donald years it looks attractive but i was sat in my seat on saturday watching us play better against BC and realised this is the first time in man many years we have had nothing to play for ..win lose or draw it didnt really matter in the scheme of things.This would be our lot season on season as we run our puppy farm to fiscal security and footballing equivalent of "Beige" and as football is supposed to be about competition ,personally that moment was a very low point in my support for our great club and what it has become!

To be honest we need to let some football into our fiscal experiment and until we do we are doomed to year on year of "Beige".

Ok fair enough, so if change is to happen it begs the logical question, who is the successor to KLD? Genuine question, if one goes out, who comes in?
How on earth am I supposed to know that? You know its a question nobody can answer unless mates with random billionaires who want to buy a football club. But it doesn't mean there wouldn't be people/groups interested in taking over.

I do think the current ownership probably deserve the summer to see what they can do, but it doesn't change my view that I don't currently think they are going to be good owners of this club in the future.

How on earth am I supposed to know that? You know its a question nobody can answer unless mates with random billionaires who want to buy a football club. But it doesn't mean there wouldn't be people/groups interested in taking over.

I do think the current ownership probably deserve the summer to see what they can do, but it doesn't change my view that I don't currently think they are going to be good owners of this club in the future.

So what evidence is there to say with certainty, someone with very deep pockets is just itching to buy the club?

So what evidence is there to say with certainty, someone with very deep pockets is just itching to buy the club?
You can't..I've already said there's risk attached to it. And there is also risk with sticking with who we've got. Although I have also (repeatedly) said they deserve the summer to see what they can do.
Slow footballing demise under our present ownership,with the aim to get to the land of mediocrity year on year on year.....fiscally afloat im am sure but depressing non the less.......this is one choice and selling to someone else is another.....selling involves risk as we might get the clown ownership or the carpetbaggers picking at our bones but we might strike it lucky for once who might get owners who have a funded plan to get to the riches of the prem!..We will get nowhere near the prem under our present owners unless they change their approach but they appear dogmatic in sticking rigidly to the model and that will be our collective downfall .Some one here will be happy with staying mid table championship forever and given the donald years it looks attractive but i was sat in my seat on saturday watching us play better against BC and realised this is the first time in man many years we have had nothing to play for ..win lose or draw it didnt really matter in the scheme of things.This would be our lot season on season as we run our puppy farm to fiscal security and footballing equivalent of "Beige" and as football is supposed to be about competition ,personally that moment was a very low point in my support for our great club and what it has become!

To be honest we need to let some football into our fiscal experiment and until we do we are doomed to year on year of "Beige".
Completely agree with this mate. I feel the longer these lot stay on the more likely we are to see more and more people drift away. Their aim is simply to keep their heads above water and hope for the best. I think the club deserves more than that.

Last edited:

Back